• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this a legit website?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hello guys, i'm in a desperate hunt for a 116519 bezel.
Noob's bezel is pitiful at best, and i can't really find a good one at all.

Then i found this website: https://www.watchesparts.com/ and they have a 116519 bezel that looks too good to be true. Do you happen to know if it's worth the try?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Dunno if it's legit - I didn't get past the "Hey, if you want to enter, just sign up and give us your email address" front page.

But I'm also interested in knowing if there's a source for a good one.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Some of the dials they sell are terrible quality, those Rolex bangle things they sell you can find everywhere on the internet for $5 - $10.

The pics look like they've been taken from different sources, the quality of what's for sale varies hugely - as if the pics are taken from different suppliers etc, and 'watchesparts' is nonsense English.

I wouldn't buy anything off them.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Some of the dials they sell are terrible quality, those Rolex bangle things they sell you can find everywhere on the internet for $5 - $10.

The pics look like they've been taken from different sources, the quality of what's for sale varies hugely - as if the pics are taken from different suppliers etc, and 'watchesparts' is nonsense English.

I quickly scanned their Instagram page a couple of minutes ago, and drew precisely the same conclusion.

Reactions: tripdog

James2020

1/6/20
Hello guys, i'm in a desperate hunt for a 116519 bezel.
Noob's bezel is pitiful at best, and i can't really find a good one at all.

Then i found this website: https://www.watchesparts.com/ and they have a 116519 bezel that looks too good to be true. Do you happen to know if it's worth the try?

See post #84 of below link. someone got a Batman bezel insert from the site.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9032930-batman-vrf-vs-v9-vs-gen/page6

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think

I see, thank you for your input, i'm so frustrated i can't find a good 116519 bezel, i can't believe that no one made one, it's a freaking metal ring with some engravings smh

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The site had a different pic of the metal Daytona bezel when I first looked at last year. I had bought one from Carlywet vendor on DHGATE that ended up having skewed engravings - the 120 was at 31 minutes, etc.

I couldn't tell from the original WP pic if the same issue would be present. I thought maybe he was just buying the cheap Chinese junk and reselling. I emailed them. I got an answer in less than 24 hours with a better pic, the one that is up now. I did a transparency overlay of the bad bezel on top of the WP bezel and the engravings are good from what I can tell.

I ended up not buying it but instead bought a whole BP watch with the bezel on it, intending to swap bezels around. The BP bezel is a little thicker but it can be shaved down. It also has a slightly different side profile but that isn't a dealbreaker for me. I still plan on doing it, other projects keep bumping it.

Original WP pic

15657466674972.jpg

Current WP pic (background removed)

Bezel-compare.jpg

Overlay (Carlywet DHGATE bezel on top in yellow)

Bezel-compare-2.jpg

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I see KJ2020 , thank you for your exhaustive comparison. What would you suggest doing? the DH gate one doesn't seem very nice, i can see that the font is incorrect and as you said the 120 is offset by 1 minute, and i can't unsee that.

Do you happen to have a picture for the BP one? is the font good? My problem with Noob's bezel is that the font is not correct and they use a "lucid" paint for the numbers, which kinda curves in the engravings and distorts the font even more.

I wonder if this one from WP is something "different" or just randomly sourced from china and i'll just get a random DH gate special after ordering it.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I would have loved to build something like this (or the black variant):

OMF makes a very good dial for this variant of daytona, the real problem is the bezel

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I would have loved to build something like this (or the black variant):

OMF makes a very good dial for this variant of daytona, the real problem is the bezel

Love that combo bro, I might have to make one of these. The WP bezel actually looks decent compared to the gen. The spacing between numerals on the WP is much more gen-like than the OMF. I also bought a JHF rep since the BP and both those bezels are similar to the OMF I think. Maybe you should try the WP bezel. I know OldNavitimer is happy with his Batman insert. They sent him extra pics on request. You would probably get the old pic I posted above, haha. That's actually a better overall pic IMO I just couldn't do a good comparison with it.

JHF
15846015962901.jpg

BP
20191103-231756.jpg

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
The WP bezel actually looks decent compared to the gen.
That's why i'm so inclined to buy it, but i'd love to see some more pics to see if the one from the only pic they have is exactly the one i will receive lmao.
If that's the case i'll get it on the fly. But i don't want to be sent a DHGATE special lol.

They sent him extra pics on request.
I sent them multiple questions on all of their platform basically, instagram, mail and website chat, they replied to the website chat but haven't heard from them anymore, i'll be waiting!

If everything goes well i will definitely go for a 116519 Noob base, i'll put the WP bezel, the OMF grey racing dial, that looks AMAZING, and i'll put a gen leather strap and clasp that i already have.

It could be amazing.

I wonder why no one has ever made one of these before? doesn't seem that difficult, the only problem is actually sourcing the bezel and the OMF dial, i'm confident about the dial, but not really about the bezel.

We shall see!

(in euros) 650 noob base, 120 WP bezel, 80 OMF dial, 150 work and assembly, you should get a unique piece

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
(in euros) 650 noob base, 120 WP bezel, 80 OMF dial, 150 work and assembly, you should get a unique piece

Agreed, it would be a showstopper at a great price.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I received an extra picture, i don't know what to think about it, since this is a "used" sample, i can see some scratches and half of it is not visible because of the reflection. They said, and i quote: "Difficult to picture it, a lot o reflection".

No shit sherlock lmao. How difficult is it to take a picture under artificial light? SMH

dsc jpg file

What do you think about it?

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Personally, I think the infill of black looks too heavy, both on the original pic and the latest one they sent you (as far as it's possible to tell from the awful quality of the pic).