• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL is asking for check/description and to pay custom fee of 15$

Booonin

2/9/18
Hey Guys! I hope you may help me, cuz i did not find similar topic in RWI.

So i have ordered from M a truly beauty of 6263, however DHL is contacted me to send out Bank Transfer confirmation, description of the good, and address as the part of the clearance process.

M suggested to create a fake invoice, which i dont think a valuable option - so i will say to them that it is a gift, description is timer.

What should i do in this case? Have you had it? I ve been ordering couple of watches, but that's is a first time. Could you please advise what are the next steps or point to me to the right topic discussion?

Thank you!

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
How did they contact you? If it was via email, it may be a scam. The demand for details about the content and bank transfer sound dodgy. But that could just be an additional requirement for your country.

I received a txt from DHL recently to go online and pay a customs charge. The txt was legit as was the linked payment site. I’m in the UK, and I contacted DHL to make double sure it was all legit - after a thread on RWI caused me concern. But during the course of my Googling, I saw a lot of information from DHL and others warning of scams associated with fake customs payment demands.

Booonin

2/9/18
How did they contact you? If it was via email, it may be a scam. The demand for details about the content and bank transfer sound dodgy. But that could just be an additional requirement for your country.

I received a txt from DHL recently to go online and pay a customs charge. The txt was legit as was the linked payment site. I’m in the UK, and I contacted DHL to make double sure it was all legit - after a thread on RWI caused me concern. But during the course of my Googling, I saw a lot of information from DHL and others warning of scams associated with fake customs payment demands.

yeah, they notified via sms, then i called to customer service - they sent me an email to fill the gaps: description, bank statement, address and they told me to pay on delivery. All legit, brother. I concerned more about seizure and potential problems..

Anyway, i replied them 30 min ago that it is a gift - no bank statement, description - timer and my name.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
There are very few countries in the world that let high value goods through Customs free of charge because they are gifts - otherwise most large companies would be sending each other containers full of gifts at least once a month.

I don't understand why they are asking to see bank statements - nor would even entertain the idea of sending DHL copies of my bank statements.

They want to know the value of the contents of the parcel - whether it's a gift or not is irrelevant to them.

Timer = watch = they'll be opening that parcel.

Reactions: rj999

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
so whats ur advice?

If you've already replied then there's nothing you can do but wait - hopefully they won't open the parcel.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Is there a reason you can't state, watch (model unspecified) sent for service and repair?
Because I fix them all!

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Never heard of them asking for a bank statement. They have no right to such personal information.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
It looks like a shakedown initiated by DHL representatives/agents or phishing scam in some corrupt countries. I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Booonin

2/9/18
Nope, not scum. I was having a telephone conversation with DHL customer/custom service to send me on the email that was not even listed on the package. So its legit, 100%. I don't why they are doing it...

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
I always have a small backpack under the bed with some essentials inside - at least 2 passports, $15k US in cash, a change of underwear, a toothbrush, a handful of Snickers bars.

I suggest you do the same.

I'm just thankful you have a change of underwear!

Reactions: tripdog

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
Nope, not scum. I was having a telephone conversation with DHL customer/custom service to send me on the email that was not even listed on the package. So its legit, 100%. I don't why they are doing it...

You had a phone conversation with DHL customs?! I was told once if there is any emails sent regarding about the package / invoice / proof of statement, the RIGHT THING to do is to simply ignore it. Customs will open that parcel and will find your rep watch. In some countries, it is illegal to purchase a counterfeit watch (United States is NOT one of them). Purchasing these items is a risk and have to be willing to chalk up the loss. I would have pretended I was not expecting anything and could be sent to my by accident. See if the item gets to you.

If it comes empty or does not come at all, then reach out to TD and see if you can discuss a refund or resend or something. I do not see any good coming out of communicating with DHL / Customs. Good luck.

Booonin

2/9/18
You had a phone conversation with DHL customs?! I was told once if there is any emails sent regarding about the package / invoice / proof of statement, the RIGHT THING to do is to simply ignore it. Customs will open that parcel and will find your rep watch. In some countries, it is illegal to purchase a counterfeit watch (United States is NOT one of them). Purchasing these items is a risk and have to be willing to chalk up the loss. I would have pretended I was not expecting anything and could be sent to my by accident. See if the item gets to you.

If it comes empty or does not come at all, then reach out to TD and see if you can discuss a refund or resend or something. I do not see any good coming out of communicating with DHL / Customs. Good luck.

Gotcha, mate! Thank you much! I'll keep you posted. The last update was 7th of July and still nothing on the DHL tracking..

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
The DHL fee is for processing the item. Send them an invoice as M said

This is the issue with using as dhl declaring low value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk