• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What has shipping been like these days?

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
Hello all, I’m just about to place an order with Trusty, and thought I’d ask you guys what shipping has been like to the UK? Is it just a case of pot luck? From the bits and pieces I’ve read some get the shipments within 3-4 weeks, some are still waiting after months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
Shipping from China through Dubai, Europe, then to USA is taking less than two weeks. I suppose it would be even faster for UK.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I just received a new tracking number from Andrew. It's now DHL out of Singapore. Hong Kong is not a good option right now. My watch sat in "shipment information received" for 2 weeks. Let's see how long it takes to move from Singapore

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Mine sat in "shipment information received" for a week as well from HK and today Andrew sent me a new tracking number shipping out of Riyadh.

I guess shipping is all over the place now.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
My TD is having problems (Puretime) from what I can see... I've got a watch on order that has been sat on "shipping information received" for over 2 weeks now...

Puretime have no info... They've been quite useless to be honest with you. So I presume there is some issue that will eventually be revealed... trouble leaving China is my guess.

I just received a new tracking number from Andrew. It's now DHL out of Singapore. Hong Kong is not a good option right now. My watch sat in "shipment information received" for 2 weeks. Let's see how long it takes to move from Singapore

Same thing with me. Tracking indicated HK for over a week.and just received a new tracking number from TT indicating DHL out of Singapore. Seems Andrew is manipulating things to accommodate shipping.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Same thing with me. Tracking indicated HK for over a week.and just received a new tracking number from TT indicating DHL out of Singapore. Seems Andrew is manipulating things to accommodate shipping.

It’s not Andrew or Puretime. It’s the shipping forwarder which is used by all TDs. Andrew told me that the Chinese customs has become very strict again with random searched (looking for PPE and medical supplies). DHL/FedEx is refusing any reps to be shipped to US. That’s why these route changes.

VWatch12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/12
It’s not Andrew or Puretime. It’s the shipping forwarder which is used by all TDs. Andrew told me that the Chinese customs has become very strict again with random searched (looking for PPE and medical supplies). DHL/FedEx is refusing any reps to be shipped to US. That’s why these route changes.

So what does that mean for those of us who are in the US?

manuelmay

6/12/18
The only problem is the long timing for DHL picking up the package. When dhl pick it up the route is smooth and fast. In three days my watch has arrived in Italy

Reactions: VWatch12
My TD is having problems (Puretime) from what I can see... I've got a watch on order that has been sat on "shipping information received" for over 2 weeks now...

Puretime have no info... They've been quite useless to be honest with you. So I presume there is some issue that will eventually be revealed... trouble leaving China is my guess.

Any change in your shipping status?

I'm wondering if it's a good time to place another order.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Any change in your shipping status?

I'm wondering if it's a good time to place another order.

None whatsoever.

According to fedex website they haven't even received it.

15/06/2020 - was when they received the details... so there's clearly an issue.

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
I've been getting orders to the UK in about 2 weeks, 3 at most, very pleased and unless I hear something big has changed, it wouldn't put me off continuing to place orders.

Blackley

Looking Around
5/7/20
Well if you buy from puretime.io its complete shit.
ive been waiting almost two weeks and i still dont have valid tracking numbers for either of my orders.
Great fucking experience for 1650 cad.
I will not buy from them ever again

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
Well if you buy from puretime.io its complete shit.
ive been waiting almost two weeks and i still dont have valid tracking numbers for either of my orders.
Great fucking experience for 1650 cad.
I will not buy from them ever again

Patience is a virtue.
I have a tracking number from mid June showing “Shipping Information Recieved” from PT, from reading here and a brief contact with them my watch is with a courier waiting for space on a plane.
In ‘normal’ times, I would have had the package in about three days... I trust PT will deliver, I just have to be patient.

This isn’t Amazon Prime, and the worlds situation has thrown the entire shipping base for a loop. It’s recovering, but not there yet... in addition, customs in China is reported to be in a heightened state, it only makes sense that orders are stuck in a bottleneck.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Patience is a virtue.
I have a tracking number from mid June showing “Shipping Information Recieved” from PT, from reading here and a brief contact with them my watch is with a courier waiting for space on a plane.
In ‘normal’ times, I would have had the package in about three days... I trust PT will deliver, I just have to be patient.

This isn’t Amazon Prime, and the worlds situation has thrown the entire shipping base for a loop. It’s recovering, but not there yet... in addition, customs in China is reported to be in a heightened state, it only makes sense that orders are stuck in a bottleneck.

You're absolutely right.

But you're also believing what you hear too much. I regularly order from PT and other TDs and I can tell you now PT are the only ones I'm experiencing delays with. We only have the TD's word that China are more strict at the moment. It might be complete rubbish or it might be the truth. I don't know, but I am sceptical on most things in life. (in interest of full disclosure, I hear Andrew @ Trusty Time is also experiencing delays.)

Other TD's are reaching me in ~2 week span... PT at the moment are not.
There is clearly an issue, it might be that they're using different couriers and certain couriers are experiencing issues and others are not. I don't know. But that said, PT are big enough and making enough money to be using all the correct (at the time) couriers.

The question is, are they putting profit above shipping? I'm inclined to think so, as they're a business and they can easily blame it on things that we can never ever fact change. "customs are strict"
All the horror stories with Andrew @ TT put me off him and I have no doubts in my mind what matters to him (profit).

PT have changed couriers 100%.

I use to receive every order through ParcelForce worldwide, they changed to FEDEX and I believe they are now using DHL to get packets to Dubai and then from Dubai Fedex - wherever. Since this change occurred, the delays have increased.

Now it might be down to safer shipping, it might be down to profit over service. Reality is we don't know. They;re not a normal business with AGM's I can attend and find out their business practices. Patience is one thing, but blindly believing them is another.

My personal feeling is they took the commercial decision to make more money at the cost of delays to the customer. But that is purely my own opinion and could be entirely bullshit. We just dont know.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
I don’t disagree with your view, but I do feel it’s a bit early to break out the pitchforks and torches.

If the shipping delays we’re seeing become very specific to a single dealer and become their ‘new normal’ (man, I hate that phrase) I will have to reassess my choice of TD. Wouldn't be the first time.

I stopped dealing with The Twins / JAndrew / Trusty / PerfectClones after the “Little White Lies” era and the exposure of their business practices. I got burnt pretty hard by a CONUS based dealer that had a pill problem and ended up screwing quite a few of us over before he lost his TD status. I honestly miss TTK... he was rude and abrasive at times, was not n00b friendly in the slightest, but every deal I had with him was great.

From looking around a bit over the past few days, I don't think it's an issue with PT/Angus alone.... I've seen reports of slow movement with other dealers and even M2M type sales having issues getting moving out of Asia. I will have to venture to other forums and such and research a bit more... I know I’ve heard Trusty is shipping slowly currently, and perhaps has found a route that PT isn’t using as a potential solution (courier to Middle East and into the 'express' lane there...I still don’t trust Trusty however). I’ll be curious to see if other dealers are shipping as normal... if it IS an issue solely with PT, I’ll gladly eat crow.

My personal guess is that PT is among the 'biggest' of dealers, and as a result of just having a ton of orders we're more likely to encounter issues with shipping or other stuff. Small dealers that do ten or so orders a week vs. a hundred a day... it's a numbers thing, simple math there would explain why more complaints from the big dealer vs. small.

At this point, I have two orders pending. One has been sitting with a courier for over two weeks, the other I expect a tracking number in the next day or two. Hopefully they both start moving soon.
I had an order via PT in late May that went from QC photos to my wrist in under 4 days.... my next two definitely have hit a wall though. If PT made a change, it's been in the past month. I hope it's a temporary issue, they've been a good TD for me over time. I'm trying to remain patient, but I want my new toys!
Take it easy my man.:D

Reactions: Sonofalich

VWatch12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/12
Patience is a virtue.

Agreed. I only comment because I've been watching this thread whilst waiting on an order from InTime. I got an email from them last Thursday that my shipment had to be resent because it did not clear customs. This was after it sat in the "Shipping Information Received" queue for three weeks. Now it is in Singapore, in the same queue, since July 1st. Wait and see.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
The COVID 19 virus is causing delays on ALL shipments coming from China, not just for replica watches. Lets not blame Puretime or any of our trusted dealers for this temporary inconvenience.

Reactions: VWatch12

manuelmay

6/12/18
The problem is that we don't know the truth, but surely there is something strange. I don't know anything about the "white little lies" and TD's business practice (but i'd like to), but if there were problems with customs and parcels anyone should experience it. What i saw, instead, is that someone complete the transaction (from QC to delivery) in a few days, some others wait for a month or so.
A member wrote in PM to me sayin that TT is very slow and unreliable, another one said same stuff about PT.