• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

YG or RG ?

I have it my mind to purchase a De Ville 39mm and would like to depart from all SS. I'm undecided on whether to go YG or RG. I don't mind the RG and kind of lean that way but also get a sense of "bling" and maybe on the feminine side. So just trying to get a sense of how the masses feel about the two options - or have comments about the watch itself and / or TWF that manufacturers it?

Hagus

Known Member
Patron
Certified
31/5/13
York uk
It’s only an opinion but I got myself a two tone Yachtmaster, stainless and rose gold, and it felt so feminine, unwearable, my two tone datejust is stainless and yellow gold and doesn’t feel like that.

Frod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
IMO YG = old man/women RG = elegant/modern. All comes down to personal preference so unfortunately my two sense mean nothing. Just go with your gut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BOSSK

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
The vast majority of genuine European watches sold were always YG. Pink gold only started appearing as markets to the East grew.

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Not too keen on the watch myself, but yellow gold suits it better

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
YG on this watch, but it's really dependent on the watch design...RG too flashy and feminine for me on the more dainty watches, but no issues on a chunky one.

Genera74

29/12/14
I like RG in general better, but for this design the YG suits better

madex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/18
I'd go for YG. But in the end you'll have to wear it so trust your first feelings:)

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Tend to lean toward RG, but agree that the YG on this one looks a bit better, as many have said. Weird that it varies watch to watch, but it seems too.

Tend to lean toward RG, but agree that the YG on this one looks a bit better, as many have said. Weird that it varies watch to watch, but it seems too.

In the end I was still at odds with which way to go so I decided to leave it for now and went with a different watch altogether. Now waiting for QC photos for the hulk I ordered, Maybe I'll come back to this one later, Problem is there are too many nice watch options.

Reactions: thegolfman