• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Strange shipping notification from TD - originating from Saudi Arabia???? Anyone??

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I've just bought another watch from Toro - I've bought many many watches from him over the years and normally they have shipped directly from China to UK with no issues.

This time, the tracking he has provided (via DHL) tells me that the item is to be picked up from an address in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. I'm really surprised and a little concerned that a watch that originates from China, that I approved the QC pics of from a TD, is now starting its' journey to me from Saudi Arabia.

Has anybody ever had a similar experience??

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Interesting! And very helpful, and reassuring. Thx folks.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've heard of a couple of these recently coming through the middle East then Europe finally into the US.

Reactions: Wonky Cyclops

Naths63

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/5/20
Yep mine from InTime started off in Dubai!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
How long does it take for the shipment to be picked up in Riyadh by DHL? Mine has been sitting in "Shipment information received" for a week.

simon24james

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/5/20
I had this also, I asked my TD and he told me that they shipping from China to Saudi using 4PX and then DHL from there... not sure why but definitely something to do with customs.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
I believe HK is a mess right now and it's very difficult to ship out from there, hence our packages are taking the long way to get to us.

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
What is the message? Maybe it's triangular shipping that they are doing?

No problems ever from my end in receiving and sending rep watches here in the United Arab Emirates.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

8Eighty8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/20
I believe HK is a mess right now and it's very difficult to ship out from there, hence our packages are taking the long way to get to us.

Yes. My first watch came through Saudi Arabia but the 2nd one shipped from HK. The one from HK sat there with shipping info received status for almost 3 weeks before shipping out.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
After Andrew re routed my package from HK to Singapore it only took 1 week to get to me.