• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SCREWED UP BY AN RWI TD DEALER

Orlando2002

Horology Curious
31/7/19
Canada
I am reaching out for advice. Let me explain to you. In January 2020, I received my GMT-Master II 116710 ARF from ChazingTime.com (an RWI TD) and the hour needle delayed up to 6 hours every day. After exchanging several emails, finally on June 5, 2020, the TD instructed to find a local watchmaker (in Canada) and ask him to repair the watch movement. On June 22, the local watchmaker confirmed that the driving wheel for the ratchet wheel was broken. Then, I emailed to the TD telling them that the flat fixed cost of the inspection and repair (not including parts) were CAD250 plus 13% taxes (about US$206). I also asked the TD to send me the replacement part. After several emails, the TD acknowledged that they told me to have my defective watch repair locally, BUT they asked me to send the watch to them. That is, they refused to send me the part and paid me back the US$206 I owed to the local watchmaker. Thanks