• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Next Watch - Omega Rep or Apple Watch

Brunswick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/19
I'm thinking about adding an Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph to my collection, but also considering an Apple Watch 3. Can someone who's bought a rep and an Apple watch give me their opinion after having used both for some time?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I'm thinking about adding an Omega Seamaster Professional Chronograph to my collection, but also considering an Apple Watch 3. Can someone who's bought a rep and an Apple watch give me their opinion after having used both for some time?
Well, if you buy the Apple “watch”, you’re not allowed back here anymore.

Phones are Apple, watches are reps. Them’s the rules.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

You may as well ask if people prefer a toaster oven or a smoothie maker.

Reactions: rj999

Brunswick

28/6/19
[B said:
p0pperini[/B];n9036981]

Well, if you buy the Apple “watch”, you’re not allowed back here anymore.

Phones are Apple, watches are reps. Them’s the rules.

Tough crowd here :D

You may as well ask if people prefer a toaster oven or a smoothie maker.

Bro that does not even make sense. It's like a comparison between a toaster and a mcirowave

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
They both have a role...I'm now realizing that they are separate use cases...now using my Apple Watch when I golf and avoiding "percussive" activities with Reps. Why put a beating on them when you don't have to?

palaufreak

Renowned Member
7/7/16
Depends on what you want it for. If you want to track your steps get the apple watch. If you love watches fk the apple watch

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: micksmith1987

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
+1.
Depends on usage...If you like mechanical movements and appreciate intricate details like dials/cases/hands etc, get a rep. But keep in mind SEL recess concerns and fat DWs might keep you awake for the rest of your life ;)

If you want information other than time, get an Apple watch. l love mine and use it for running and listening to music. Rest of the time, I wear my Reps.

Last edited:

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Just started using my Apple Watch at night for sleep tracking...and regular watches during the day. I think I'm on to something...

Last edited:

Brunswick

28/6/19
+1.
Depends on usage...If you like mechanical movements and appreciate intricate details like dials/cases/hands etc, get a rep. But keep in mind SEL recess concerns and fat DWs might keep you awake for the rest of your life ;)

If you want information other than time, get an Apple watch. l love mine and use it for running and listening to music. Rest of the time, I wear my Reps.

SEL Reces and fat DW aren't get me but no plating for a tt rolex in the midlinks keeps me up at night ;)