• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you guys deal with minor flaw in the dial? Or in rep in general

didxogns1

Looking Around
15/6/20

I got 15400 from Z+F and noticed a flaw today while staring at the watch for a long time.

Its not visible until you look at it in a certain angle under direct sunlight so i guess that explains why i havent noticed it since.

Now it is kinda bugging me....

Do you guys have any similar experiences?

How did you deal with it?

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Live with it. Minor flaws are expected in reps. If it bothers you because no one else will notice have one of the trusted Watch makers fix for you..

FragileExpressHP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
Usually I’d like to go for a gen dial replacement. It’s probably the most value/bang for your buck in upgrading a rep to a Franken to make it look better in most cases

riderocket

18/9/18
a) Quarantine. Approx 2 months.
b) Fix it with alcohol. Either on the dial, or orally.

In all seriousness: life's too short. Deal with it.

Reactions: Katarsis

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
I'm learning to appreciate the many things that were done correctly. It's a relatively complex bit of design and engineering, coupled with some fairly decent QC. The combination of my eyes getting worse and no one else being closer than arms length allows better acceptance too. It's an imperfect world and so are Reps.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Mix yourself 3 tall glasses of Margarita (extra Tequila). Keep staring at the dial until you finish your drink(s). The flaws will automatically go away...

Wear in good health, you got a good watch!!.

Reactions: Rx4Time

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

I got 15400 from Z+F and noticed a flaw today while staring at the watch for a long time.

Its not visible until you look at it in a certain angle under direct sunlight so i guess that explains why i havent noticed it since.

Now it is kinda bugging me....

Do you guys have any similar experiences?

How did you deal with it?

I think you should send it to me for proper disposal and purchase a new one....:pcsam:

Reactions: Ecender

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I'm seeing a psychologist and a therapist twice a week due the SELs being not enough recessed on one my ZZF subs. We're making subtle progress and this is definitely helping me to deal with it.