• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TD customer service rating table

DevilishRogue

Horology Curious
29/4/20
Hey RWI'ers,

I've been thinking about the concept of a table for rating satisfaction with TD's so that choosing a TD becomes an easier and better understood process. Unfortunately the end result would appear to just be a popularity contest or if too onerous conditions, like requiring wrist shots to confirm, were put on to voting no one would bother. Perhaps a one-vote-one-username system requiring a minimum number of posts before eligibility? So long as the TD customer satisfaction rating table measures percentages of satisfied customers I think it could work in principle though. I just can't figure out how to implement it so that it would work. Has this ever been attempted before and do you have any thoughts about the concept or ideas as to how to get it to work?

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
would you have play offs if there was a tie.
perhaps decide on fastest qc pictures, or which watch arrived first...

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Won't work, won't happen.

You can't find a reliable and realistic way of "rating" them because they just don't handle the same volume of sales. Would it be fair to take X TD who is the most used with the most amount of noobs without a clue using it and leaving bad feedback to Y TD who is handling a way smaller amount of order and has the time to take excellent care of his customers especially since they are more likely to be experienced members ?

The "old" way worked wonder and will still continue : a simple list with feedback

Reactions: stufuse

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So you're looking for a way to find the 'Best' TD, is that it ?

I would love to see the word 'Best' removed from the fucking dictionary.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
No thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Pass.
Pretty much wot Glaude said, you can't compare apples with oranges. Some are cheaper, some are very easy to deal with having automated ordering and comprehensive websites an some have a higher level of customer service, some have more comprehensive warranties and some will go out of their way to find you that elusive rare rep. Most have several of these features but none have all and it depends what a person wants in a dealer.

To decide who is best suited to your needs you need to decide what you need from a TD, read the reviews, read the dealer's Terms of Service and decide what is best for you. Chances are what is best for you will not be what another buyer needs or wants so it's a personal decision.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
So you're looking for a way to find the 'Best' TD, is that it ?

I would love to see the word 'Best' removed from the fucking dictionary.

OK - so what's the... ehrm... ehrm... greatest Sub?

But on topic: you can't break down the various aspects of a TD's service to a single number. Some are quicker, but more reluctant to switch watches when you don't like the QC pictures. Others respond slowly, but pick great specimen without your interaction. Some people insist on paying with credit card or bitcoin. Some want a safety net if the watch ends up in customs, some don't care and take the risk for a little lower prices. Continue to eternity...

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hey RWI'ers,

I've been thinking about the concept of a table for rating satisfaction with TD's so that choosing a TD becomes an easier and better understood process. Unfortunately the end result would appear to just be a popularity contest or if too onerous conditions, like requiring wrist shots to confirm, were put on to voting no one would bother. Perhaps a one-vote-one-username system requiring a minimum number of posts before eligibility? So long as the TD customer satisfaction rating table measures percentages of satisfied customers I think it could work in principle though. I just can't figure out how to implement it so that it would work. Has this ever been attempted before and do you have any thoughts about the concept or ideas as to how to get it to work?

When you find the "BEST" TD, let me know who makes the BEST Daytona. I am so confused about ARF or Noob...Which one should I buy, do you have any table of ratings :confused:

CognitiveDissonance

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/10/19
Yeah idk about a table, but I've tried TrustyTime, JTime, and Purewatch. So far, JTime by far had the best communication and service

Reactions: Glaude

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
The criteria will not be so accurate for all the users because for example some buyers don’t give a fck about waiting 1 month while others post a complaining thread 5 days after payment and didn’t received a QC.

Also some users rejecting 5 watches for a disaligned rehaut or other minor flaw and finally asking for a refund.

Users claiming for a partial refund because watch took 6 weeks to arrive- with a logistical collapse taking place as seen these last months

Those are some examples seen every week around here, moreover new users getting registered just to complain on the TDs section.

Some of you forget the fact you are buying counterfeit watches, and expect some kind of Amazon Prime delivery service with AD quality standards and Boutique customer service, that table is the living proof of that and I cannot see any advantage on it

My 2c

Reactions: stufuse