• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Issues Etiquette

Hugo Rhys

Horology Curious
22/6/20
I am about to buy my first watch and am concerned about what to do if an issue is found in the quality control pictures. I haven't found a good recent answer for what is reasonable to ask an exchange about and when to allow it. I am aware that no rep will be perfect but what is currently considered an unacceptable quality level. Also, how can you check which factory your watch comes from. Any information would be helpful, thank you.

paternoster_square

Horology Curious
19/12/17
When you order a watch it will be directly related to a factory. You should first decide on which model and factory you want and then research what the typical flaws or issues are with that particular model. Use the QC to check those flaws aren't too pronounced.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I am about to buy my first watch and am concerned about what to do if an issue is found in the quality control pictures. I haven't found a good recent answer for what is reasonable to ask an exchange about and when to allow it. I am aware that no rep will be perfect but what is currently considered an unacceptable quality level. Also, how can you check which factory your watch comes from. Any information would be helpful, thank you.

It’s all in the new members section. Read, read and read some more.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/replica-faq

Hugo Rhys

Horology Curious
22/6/20
Many of the in depth threads in the FAQ are 6-12 years old and with improvements in watch quality I was wondering if what you should expect in your QC pictures might have changed. And newer threads tend to ask you to reference these older threads which seem to be outdated saying that for example misprints and other such issues which compared to modern replica standards seem like large issues. As a result i can't tell what line to draw.

Last edited:

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
My checklist (regardless of the watch):
1. Is this the watch I wanted/ordered? (in 99.9% of TDs it is)
2. Are all markers properly attached and free of lume spillovers?
3. Are there any visible scratches, scuffs, dents (happened to me once)
4. Time grapher info (at least Puretime sends it) - is it reasonable

And that's it. Some folks go nuts over "misalligned markers" In 99.9% percent of cases, it is just the camera angle.

Reactions: gilrob