• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[Noob] Advice on entering the watch buying/selling business?

Charlie42

Looking Around
19/6/20
Hello everyone! Like the title states, I am a noob in the replica watch industry and I am very interested in getting involved in the buying/selling aspect. Although I'd like some advice on how to get started and not ripped off! I hope I have asked in the right place and someone is willing to take the time to help a noob out as to not lose too much money. Lol

UK based if any difference

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
By "business", do you mean buying watches for personal use, and then selling when you no longer want the watch? Or do you mean becoming a rep watch dealer?

I would recommend you spend a few years doing the former, before you even think about the latter.

For buying reps, there's a link to the Trusted Dealers (TD) section at the top of the page.

Charlie42

Looking Around
19/6/20
Yes ideally what you first mentioned, possibly adding a few ££ when possible. I just don't want to jump in head first, buying poor quality copies without asking around first

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Read the sales rules on the forum, profiteering is not allowed on this (or any) rep site. Pick a watch your interested in, look in the relevant area, eg rolex then read about and look at some pics. Look at the td (trusted dealer) section. Most have websites with prices to compare with the member to member sales prices.

Reactions: P..DR..D

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yes ideally what you first mentioned, possibly adding a few ££ when possible. I just don't want to jump in head first, buying poor quality copies without asking around first

:picard:

No no no no no no no.

Spend time on the forums. Spend some time browsing the M2M sales. You'll soon see that any hint of profiteering (which is exactly what you want to do) is severely frowned upon and harshly dealt with.

Buy some reps, wear them, sell them. Become a supporter. Start contributing to the forum. Build up your knowledge - because right now, your train of thought is heading entirely the wrong way.

Reactions: P..DR..D and k4jun

lolo1972sg

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
3/10/15
Sillypore
Hello everyone! Like the title states, I am a noob in the replica watch industry and I am very interested in getting involved in the buying/selling aspect. Although I'd like some advice on how to get started and not ripped off! I hope I have asked in the right place and someone is willing to take the time to help a noob out as to not lose too much money. Lol

I believe you are asking the members here to impart knowledge to you on how to buy and sell replicas?
If yes, it is very much frowned upon in this forum mate. Only certain folks (we call them TD) are permitted to be replica sellers here. And no one is supposed to advertise as a dealer in this forum.

R2L

Supporter
Certified
17/4/14
Bro, welcome to RWI,

This is a unique forum with its own rules and practices. Before you get into buying reps, take the time (hours) to read up on what goes on here. Once you have a reasonable understanding of how this place works and it’s expectations of its members, then move into buying and watches for your personal use.

This forum does not encourage spoon feeding of new members as it wants everyone to be fully informed as to what and why they are buying, modifying, or selling products.

So spend some time here and pretty soon you will better understand the comments made above in response to your original post. So move forward, have fun reading and learning about this crazy hobby, and see you around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
best approach is contact the dealers directly for their best prices, top tip NOBODY pays the prices advertised on the website, maybe set up FB page in notably affluent areas where people have a bit more disposable income, you know wilmslow/heald green etc ,... can’t fail

Reactions: Rainbowkin

Seamaster3459

28/11/18
In addition to the suggested reading and understanding of forum rules, I’d consider the legal implications of importing large amounts of replica pieces and reselling them (which sounds like what you’re really considering).

What we do here isn’t really a business but trading amongst friends (no profiteering etc) - what you’re suggesting is an illegal business. Although the TD’s and dealers engage in this, they do so with YEARS of experience and a network of peers. They understand the risks and circumvent them (well, I’ll add). You should think very hard before considering jumping in. We love and support our TD’s, but we all know the risks they take for our hobby!

Reactions: P..DR..D

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
best approach is contact the dealers directly for their best prices, top tip NOBODY pays the prices advertised on the website, maybe set up FB page in notably affluent areas where people have a bit more disposable income, you know wilmslow/heald green etc ,... can’t fail

Very true. The prices dealers quote are usually way too low, because you have to add VAT, carriage costs, import duties and sales taxes on to what they say. Expect to pay several hundred dollars more than the dealer quotes on their web site. And make sure you get the dealer to sell you a complete set of spares with the watch. You can't be too careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pickledbeetroot

GregB

Known Member
25/1/20
Canada, eh!
You'll also need a goat. All the members have one. And if you are planning to be a re-seller, then for sure you'll need to brush up on your goat herding skills. Lots to learn here.

Last edited:

hm11esh

4/9/18
You'll also need a goat. All the members have one. And if you are planning to be a re-seller, then for sure you'll need to brush up on your goat herding skills. Lots to learn here.

I have 2 goats now.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
trollc06d6208e094afb5.gif

srhoque

28/11/18

Only buy from the below shop, you will not get ripped off and not lose too much money. They also sell over phone: 1-800-BUY-NOOB