• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 'perfect' clone sub?

nzkieran

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/20
I think I've cracked what could potentially be the best 116610 LN clone....

People often say the ZZF V2 is the 'go to', except its let down by the strap and the A3135 movement.

So if you replaced the strap with the ARF strap and SH3135 movement, then it'd be a pretty fricken awesome rep watch right?

Reactions: watchoself

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
All the ways people say who has the best sub. LoL. In my experience noob has the best cases overall, ARF has the best bracelet. If you're looking to do a mashup, I'd do noob 116610ln, SpongeBob insert, prof AR cyclops, possibly a genuine date wheel, and if you really need it, ARF bracelet. Having had many noob bracelet over the years, the noob bracelet is more than acceptable, And I wouldn't invest the additional money purchasing the ARF bracelet.

Reactions: XpanzerX

nzkieran

17/6/20
All the ways people say who has the best sub. LoL. In my experience noob has the best cases overall, ARF has the best bracelet. If you're looking to do a mashup, I'd do noob 116610ln, SpongeBob insert, prof AR cyclops, possibly a genuine date wheel, and if you really need it, ARF bracelet. Having had many noob bracelet over the years, the noob bracelet is more than acceptable, And I wouldn't invest the additional money purchasing the ARF bracelet.

I keep going to make a purchase, then I read someone elses opinion.

I was going to get the ARF 16610 and change the date wheel (man that thing is huge), because I like the smaller shape (I don't have the biggest wrists). But then I got put off that watch completely.

It's giving me a headache, but I just got a $400 bonus, so it's watch time. haha

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I think I've cracked what could potentially be the best 116610 LN clone....

People often say the ZZF V2 is the 'go to', except its let down by the strap and the A3135 movement.

So if you replaced the strap with the ARF strap and SH3135 movement, then it'd be a pretty fricken awesome rep watch right?

The ZZF V2 has the VR3135 movement, which is the current ‘go to’ and better than the SH3135.

nzkieran

17/6/20
The ZZF V2 has the VR3135 movement, which is the current ‘go to’ and better than the SH3135.

ah, ok...

I was about to pay for the ZZF 116610 A2836 because I was under the impression the ZZF V2 has the "A3135", whatever that is (as described on jtime website, where I was gonna order from)..... Now I'm thinking the V2 because you're telling me its a VR???

Sorry. haha.

I just basically want a watch that I won't struggle to get parts for in the future, if needed.. Which was my understanding of the SA3135? I think those letters are correct.... This is gonna by my first 'rep' watch.

nzkieran

17/6/20
At least this time it’s the new guy telling us what the best sub is...

aw man. I'm trying to do my research best I can before purchasing my first 116610 rep.

I LOVE the 16110 because I like the slightly smaller fit, but feel that will be much harder to get a good rep.

I don't want to bombard experienced watch guys with shitty questions you must get all the time. I am sorry.

nzkieran

17/6/20
Beats asking huh? Obviously some research and reading has been done which deserves a gold star on its own.

I'm trying my hardest. I've been looking in to this for years, but only recently found this forum. Keen as mustard to get a submariner rep. Just got a $400 bonus so I'm keen to get a rep with a budget of about $500.

:)

I like this forum

Reactions: trailboss99

nzkieran

17/6/20
Jtime says the A2836 watch is the same thickness as the genuine, at 12.5

but the V2 A3135 is 13mm???

I'm so confused.

If the A2836 movement is the same thickness as the gen?? Or is there a typo on the jtime website.

Or should I order elsewhere...?

man oh man. I wish I could have something tomorrow. ahaa

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I was about to pay for the ZZF 116610 A2836 because I was under the impression the ZZF V2 has the "A3135", whatever that is (as described on jtime website, where I was gonna order from)..... Now I'm thinking the V2 because you're telling me its a VR???
I now understand your confusion. I went to check the JTime website this morning and found that it's no better than when it first launched. They have a close relationship with ZZF, but there's no "ZZF" option in the factories list when browsing for Rolex. Then, as you say, when you find them, the only reference to the ZZF is one with an ETA clone or "A3135".

You'd do much better contacting Li directly - email JTime and tell them what you want, then you can discuss it one to one. It's far easier.

I LOVE the 16110 because I like the slightly smaller fit, but feel that will be much harder to get a good rep.
Yes, the 16610 is a watch to LOVE, and I prefer it over the 116610. The jury is out on the new ARF until customers get them and start reviewing/discussing them here.

You could hold out for an M2M deal on a JF, they come up reasonably often and have often been modded nicely.

FK1million

9/8/18
None of these watches will be perfect and all have some flaws.

The ZZF LN v2 is a great watch but does have issues with the insert. bezel teeth and bezel rotation as well.

Your best option is to just buy one and decide from there, most of the issues of on ZZF V2 are subjective meaning what is a problem for me might not be for you.

nzkieran

17/6/20
I guess every clone watch is always going to have it's issues for me.

I guess I'd want the bezel to rotate nicely. It's bug the hell out of me having a 'premium' (or clone) watch, that feels "cheap" when you play with it.

I was just going to order the ARF 16610 and change the number....

I've got to buy something at some point. I guess it's all minor similarities/differences and to me I guess it won't make much difference once I get the watch.

I even considered buying a Noob v8, simply for the price. Then I'd wear it every day.

But now I've decided I want to try get the best clone of a 116610 for around $400. ZZF I think is winning the race, but I could be about to change my mine from the ETA clone to the Rolex clone...

I'd want it to operate in the same way as the genuine, but I wouldn't want a whole bunch of hassle, or expense the moment I get the watch with a service.

The comment above

"The ZZF V2 has the VR3135 movement, which is the current ‘go to’ and better than the SH3135."

has made me now think I should spend the extra couple of bucks to get the VR3135?? I was unaware that this watch had this movement. I assume the watch dimensions would be the same as gen with this movement? :)

Man I think this hobby is gonna cost me a lot.

nzkieran

17/6/20
None of these watches will be perfect and all have some flaws.

The ZZF LN v2 is a great watch but does have issues with the insert. bezel teeth and bezel rotation as well.

Your best option is to just buy one and decide from there, most of the issues of on ZZF V2 are subjective meaning what is a problem for me might not be for you.

I'm gonna go for the ZZF, but I now just can't decide which movement to go for....................................

nzkieran

17/6/20

FK1million

9/8/18
Well I might be able to help you there, I have one I bought from Li at Jtime sitting at home. I was going to franken it.

I will drop you a pm, if your in the UK it could work otherwise your best bet is getting it from any of the TD's here.

nzkieran

17/6/20
Well I might be able to help you there, I have one I bought from Li at Jtime sitting at home. I was going to franken it.

I will drop you a pm, if your in the UK it could work otherwise your best bet is getting it from any of the TD's here.

Auckland, New Zealand. haha. what does franken mean

FK1million

9/8/18
Ah your better off getting it from a TD, you wouldnt get it any quicker from me.

Franken = replacing parts of the watch with Gen parts.