• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 'perfect' clone sub?

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
I now understand your confusion. I went to check the JTime website this morning and found that it's no better than when it first launched. They have a close relationship with ZZF, but there's no "ZZF" option in the factories list when browsing for Rolex. Then, as you say, when you find them, the only reference to the ZZF is one with an ETA clone or "A3135".

You'd do much better contacting Li directly - email JTime and tell them what you want, then you can discuss it one to one. It's far easier.

Yes, the 16610 is a watch to LOVE, and I prefer it over the 116610. The jury is out on the new ARF until customers get them and start reviewing/discussing them here.

You could hold out for an M2M deal on a JF, they come up reasonably often and have often been modded nicely.

Be patient and hunt down the absolute best ever the TC. I scored 2 but took 3 years to do it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Be patient and hunt down the absolute best ever the TC. I scored 2 but took 3 years to do it lol.
I have one already. Although I'm not sure that you meant to direct that comment at me - I'm not the OP and I have 5 Franken 16610s.

Last edited:
Reactions: XpanzerX

XpanzerX

I'm Pretty Popular
19/8/17
I have one already. Although I'm not sure that you meant to direct that comment at me - I'm not the OP and I have 5 Franken 16610s.

No not you lol, I’ve seen a lot of your stuff, always amazing. Just was saying in my opinion TC is still the best Rolex sub rep ever made. At least the v6 onward. Jf isn’t close stock in my book.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Dude,

Here is my take. You are new and have never had a Sub so you are going to enjoy just about anything. Why not order the noob v10 with the ETA in it and just give it a go? I guarantee you will think, at least at first, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Once you have your feet wet, so to speak, you can always sell it and start tinkering if you want to. If you sell it after a month or two in the m2m here you will only take a small hit and for that price you will have had a chance to try it out and have some time to do some more reading.

I know everyone wants the best sub, but these guys that are here have been through like 15 subs and are extremely picky. At this point in your rep journey I would guess that you would have a very difficult time telling the difference between any number of different makers of the same sub.

Should be a stickied post IMO. I bought a ARF V2 as my first rep over a year ago and I still think it's a fantastic rep, even with the date font being thicker than I'd like. You're honestly probably going to love whatever comes in the mail. I would say pick an ETA for reliability though. That being said, I haven't kept up with new developments in subs in the last 7 months or so so I don't know how good the VR3135 is or what makes it better than a A2824.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Photos of NOOB V10 116610LN movement on Trusty Time and InTime appear to be VR ??
Really? Link please, I can only see Asia ETA or SA3135.

No not you lol, I’ve seen a lot of your stuff, always amazing. Just was saying in my opinion TC is still the best Rolex sub rep ever made. At least the v6 onward. Jf isn’t close stock in my book.
Haha! Sorry - it's just you quoted my post. :)

Reactions: XpanzerX

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Yes Roadster (sorry, can't tag you as RWI is still broke) both of those pics do indeed appear to show VR movements. I didn't pore over the pics included with every entry, rather I went by the verbal descriptions (shown there in the TT title "SA3135"). I think TT/IT may be mixing up their photos... easiest way to find out would be to email Andrew and ask.

Yes Roadster (sorry, can't tag you as RWI is still broke) both of those pics do indeed appear to show VR movements. I didn't pore over the pics included with every entry, rather I went by the verbal descriptions (shown there in the TT title "SA3135"). I think TT/IT may be mixing up their photos... easiest way to find out would be to email Andrew and ask.

Probably photo mix up. PureTime photos show SA3135. I currently have a transaction ongoing with TT. I'll ask as you suggest. One could be confused. :)

The photos of the VR movements on Noob V10s on TT and InTime are the wrong photos. There's a lesson here.

Is it definite that VR is correct on ZZF V2?

Flay

Known Member
27/10/19
It was promising until .... I figure out that for the TT blue 116613 LB, there is not that much to choose from :(
I guess its ARF, Gen date, and a new cristal from ?