• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The 'perfect' clone sub?

nzkieran

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/6/20
Ah your better off getting it from a TD, you wouldnt get it any quicker from me.

Franken = replacing parts of the watch with Gen parts.

I see I see.

I'm gonna order the 3135 movement. I'm just gonna be real stuck if it breaks down on me

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
I see I see.

I'm gonna order the 3135 movement. I'm just gonna be real stuck if it breaks down on me

I'm gonna now mess with your head even more I would suggest to go with A2836 if it's your first rep. It's more reliable and easier / cheaper to repair and replace if needed. You don't need to service it also right after receiving it. May run for years without anything being done do it.

ZZF V2 is a good choice I have two of those the date and the no date both with A2836 movements. I think these are the most gen looking subs OOTB and can be worn as is without swapping parts. But once the hobby grows on you more your OBC level goes into overdrive and soon you'll find yourself looking for gen parts for your ZZF.

Reactions: HomeRye

nzkieran

17/6/20
I'm gonna now mess with your head even more I would suggest to go with A2836 if it's your first rep. It's more reliable and easier / cheaper to repair and replace if needed. You don't need to service it also right after receiving it. May run for years without anything being done do it.

ZZF V2 is a good choice I have two of those the date and the no date both with A2836 movements. I think these are the most gen looking subs OOTB and can be worn as is without swapping parts. But once the hobby grows on you more your OBC level goes into overdrive and soon you'll find yourself looking for gen parts for your ZZF.

whats OOTB mean??

My first thought was to get that movement, then if needed I can swap for a genuine swiss....? Man this is hard

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Some teasers here for you of my ZZF V2 date :)

IMG-2094.jpg

IMG-2123.jpg

IMG-2065.jpg

nzkieran

17/6/20
so nice man. I need to get something soon. haha.

VVF it is, just the movement I'm stuck on. My mind changes every 5 minutes.

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
whats OOTB mean??

My first thought was to get that movement, then if needed I can swap for a genuine swiss....? Man this is hard

Out Of The Box.

I think better to go with A2836 and as you said you can swap it with a gen ETA if needed or just by another A2836 clone these don't cost a lot. Also it's a lot more watch smith friendly movement than the 3135.

I feel your pain. I agonized over the same issues and questions as you have. After reading until blue in the face, asking questions and trying to understand the vagaries of movements - which I'm resolved to possibly never fully understanding. And now with all things considered I have decided the best choice for me in a sub is the 2836 movement. That's because I too am new to this fun stuff. I appreciate the VR3135 is the better choice for the more experienced - that's not me - not now - maybe down the road. I'm currently finalizing an Aqua Terra 34mm with a decorated 2836 for my spouse. Once received and the piggy bank rejuvenates, for what it's worth, I will be ordering a ZZF LN 2836 - I think you should too.

Last edited:

nzkieran

17/6/20
I feel your pain. I agonized over the same issues and questions as you have. After reading until blue in the face, asking questions and trying to understand the vagaries of movements - which I'm resolved to possibly never fully understanding. And now with all things considered I have decided the best choice for me in a sub is the 2836 movement. That's because I too am new to this fun stuff. I appreciate the VR3135 is the better choice for the more experienced - that's not me - not now - maybe down the road. I'm currently finalizing an Aqua Terra 34mm with a decorated 2836 for my spouse. Once received and the piggy bank rejuvenates, for what it's worth, I will be ordering a ZZF VN 2836 - I think you should too.

It's something I've been thinking about every fricken day ????????

Berike

6/2/19
From what I've seen.

Case: Noob v10 is best, bezel rotation feels almost like gen, it's the best so far
Bracelet: ARF v3
Dial: Clean factor (included on ZZF v2)
Movement: VR3135, included on ZZF and VRF
Bezel: I've seen tons of pictures and I see Noob v10 better finish and closer color, even with people saying CF inserts are better, I really don't find it to be better.

Basically, buy Noob V10, get CF dial, ARF bracelet and try to find gen crystal, you have an almost perfect build

If anyone thing a part would be different to make a build, feel free to add and correct if I was wrong. :)

nzkieran

17/6/20
From what I've seen.

Case: Noob v10 is best, bezel rotation feels almost like gen, it's the best so far
Bezel: I've seen tons of pictures and I see Noob v10 better finish and closer color, even with people saying CF inserts are better, I really don't find it to be better.

Basically, buy Noob V10, get CF dial, ARF bracelet and try to find gen crystal, you have an almost perfect build

If anyone thing a part would be different to make a build, feel free to add and correct if I was wrong. :)

I keep getting tempted by the V10 being so much cheaper at the moment

Reactions: DR Russell

Berike

6/2/19
I keep getting tempted by the V10 being so much cheaper at the moment

I have a v10 hulk, it's great, manage to get a good rehaut, it's great! To be honest only with a side by side comparison to see the letter of the dials being thiner and the crystal. The bezel is great.

Maybe noob will release a v11 soon, but I didn't read anything about it yet, but telling by the prices of v10 could be

nzkieran

17/6/20
From what I've seen.

You think the noob v10 case is better than the ZZF and ARF?

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
You think the noob v10 case is better than the ZZF and ARF?

Dude,

Here is my take. You are new and have never had a Sub so you are going to enjoy just about anything. Why not order the noob v10 with the ETA in it and just give it a go? I guarantee you will think, at least at first, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Once you have your feet wet, so to speak, you can always sell it and start tinkering if you want to. If you sell it after a month or two in the m2m here you will only take a small hit and for that price you will have had a chance to try it out and have some time to do some more reading.

I know everyone wants the best sub, but these guys that are here have been through like 15 subs and are extremely picky. At this point in your rep journey I would guess that you would have a very difficult time telling the difference between any number of different makers of the same sub.

James2020

1/6/20
Dude,

Here is my take. You are new and have never had a Sub so you are going to enjoy just about anything. Why not order the noob v10 with the ETA in it and just give it a go? I guarantee you will think, at least at first, it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Once you have your feet wet, so to speak, you can always sell it and start tinkering if you want to. If you sell it after a month or two in the m2m here you will only take a small hit and for that price you will have had a chance to try it out and have some time to do some more reading.

I know everyone wants the best sub, but these guys that are here have been through like 15 subs and are extremely picky. At this point in your rep journey I would guess that you would have a very difficult time telling the difference between any number of different makers of the same sub.

Agree. The only ‘perfect’ clone available now is from R factory so just pick your poison from ARF/Noob/ZZF. Each of them has its strengths, weaknesses and price points so it depends on the buyer’s priorities/OCDs.

I now understand your confusion. I went to check the JTime website this morning and found that it's no better than when it first launched. They have a close relationship with ZZF, but there's no "ZZF" option in the factories list when browsing for Rolex. Then, as you say, when you find them, the only reference to the ZZF is one with an ETA clone or "A3135".

You'd do much better contacting Li directly - email JTime and tell them what you want, then you can discuss it one to one. It's far easier.

Yes, the 16610 is a watch to LOVE, and I prefer it over the 116610. The jury is out on the new ARF until customers get them and start reviewing/discussing them here.

You could hold out for an M2M deal on a JF, they come up reasonably often and have often been modded nicely.

Looks like the ARF 16610LV & LN have the old SH movement. Unless photos haven't been updated it would seem ARF is not yet incorporating VR at all??

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Looks like the ARF 16610LV & LN have the old SH movement. Unless photos haven't been updated it would seem ARF is not yet incorporating VR at all??

ARF have no access to the VR movement - it's exclusive to ZZF and VRF, or to buy standalone.

Last edited:
Reactions: balance27

mike_hk2ksk

16/11/19

That's the route I took. ZZF V2, A2836

Last edited: