• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which trusted dealer from RWI regulates watches before shipping?

watchcollector

Renowned Member
23/9/10
Which are the trusted dealers who regulate the watches and use a timegrapher before shipping with proof pics, doing it for no extra fees?

Bustyouup4free

Renowned Member
1/2/14
Don't think anyone does it for free. That's why most people recommend to get a watch serviced by a watchmaker. Many of the rep factories do very good regulating movements. But many are very dirty, are sometimes even without proper lubrication.

One good option is m2m where many users have watches serviced. good luck

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: McMk5

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Andrew from Trustytime doesn't make it for free? There are also others, I presume...

None of the TDs touches the watch movements before shipping. All of the TDs take the watch you've ordered and put it on a timegrapher, and send you a pic of the results when they send you the QC pics. This is so you know that the watch is running okay. If you don't like the look of the timegrapher results, then once you've received the watch you can send it to a watchsmith to have it serviced.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Watches checked in China on timegraph by all dealers to ensure movement is running to replica specs (not gen).

However, after watch is shipped and pass through various airport X-ray and magnetic field inspection - there is no guarantee that the precise +/- sec/day is maintained.

So long as the the watch is reading within 5-10mins by end of the week, then most customers are happy and wait until next service to regulate. If you want more accuracy from a fake watch, then regulate locally in your country.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Are you sure? What "calibration" means in this case? I took the screenshot from Trustytime's website.
Have you ever heard of "marketing"?

That pic is simply of a watch on a timegrapher. It doesn't "calibrate" the watch, it just gives an estimate of how the watch is running. TT might reject a watch on your behalf if it's running like a dog or not at all, that's as close to "calibration" as you're gonna get from a TD.

Last edited:

pcardoza

Renowned Member
1/12/14
There's more to this issue than simply calibrating. YES, Trusty may calibrate that dirty, dry movement for free, but don't by any means consider that as "serviced". For an extra fee, Andrew will fully service the movement. I actually had one done by him and it keeps amazingly accurate time after two+ years.

So my sample of ONE points to some value in the service. That said, there are a number of members in here who do amazing work and can service your watches for you. Expect to shell out between $100-$150 for a good, full service job.

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Buy a timegrapher, some watch tools (and demagnetizer) and learn to do it yourself. Watch regulation is fairly simple. I am all thumbs and I can tweak most movements that are in good condition. Just keep in mind that reps don't come with a COSC spec movement. If you can tweak it within +/- 6 sec/day, that is quite good.

Watch service is quite another matter and should be left to the professionals or those who don't mind buying new movement after screwing up the original.

vosso82

Looking Around
22/7/20
There's more to this issue than simply calibrating. YES, Trusty may calibrate that dirty, dry movement for free, but don't by any means consider that as "serviced". For an extra fee, Andrew will fully service the movement. I actually had one done by him and it keeps amazingly accurate time after two+ years.

So my sample of ONE points to some value in the service. That said, there are a number of members in here who do amazing work and can service your watches for you. Expect to shell out between $100-$150 for a good, full service job.

I just purchased my first Rep today through Andrew at Trust time, would it be a good idea to get him to service it before shipping to me ?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I just purchased my first Rep today through Andrew at Trust time, would it be a good idea to get him to service it before shipping to me ?

No point in servicing/regulating at point of origin. When watch goes through package handling, sometimes rigorous shaking, customs, x-rays - you may have issues again. It is more prudent to do it after you get in hand.

vosso82

Looking Around
22/7/20
No point in servicing/regulating at point of origin. When watch goes through package handling, sometimes rigorous shaking, customs, x-rays - you may have issues again. It is more prudent to do it after you get in hand.

Good info, thanks !