• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

F.P. Journe

Nemo770

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/11/19
USA
Keep it up guys! The TD told me they are aware of our poll and are now considering the models mentioned. They are researching more than they were about the brand due to this poll. I will keep you posted!

Nemo770

7/11/19
USA
Sorry OP I know this thread is not for debate but;

Good luck with the Deco plate ;

49965624488_008a7a5db3_o.jpg

Titanium and tantalum are like chalk and cheese

I hear ya! But we're all going to be surprised by the effects of this poll, and much sooner than you expect!

"Some men see things as they are, and ask why. I dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" - RFK

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Would pay 500 max for an properly replicated blue dial one

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
Would buy a decent rep of this in a hardbeat. But it doesn't look like an easy job for the factories.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Hey All,

I have been in contact with one of our Trusted Dealers who will be meeting with factory owners. I, like many other people, think it's long past time that they rep the F.P. Journe brand. The trusted dealer told me to start a poll or petition of sorts that he will then relay to the owners of the factories. Post your approval or disapproval, favorite models, pictures, etc. Keep it simple, this is about measuring interest, not a debate section ;-)

Let's make this happen,

Joel

Google Translations (sorry if they don't make sense, but it's the best I can do)

Oigan todos,

He estado en contacto con uno de nuestros distribuidores de confianza que se reunirá con los propietarios de las fábricas. Yo, como muchas otras personas, creo que ya es hora de que representen la marca F.P. Journe. El comerciante de confianza me dijo que comenzara una encuesta o una petición que luego transmitirá a los propietarios de las fábricas. Publique su aprobación o desaprobación, modelos favoritos, fotos, etc.

Hagamos que esto suceda,
---------------------------------
Salut à tous,

J'ai été en contact avec l'un de nos concessionnaires de confiance qui rencontrera les propriétaires d'usine. Comme beaucoup d'autres, je pense qu'il est grand temps qu'ils représentent le F.P. Journe. Le revendeur de confiance m'a dit de lancer un sondage ou une pétition en quelque sorte qu'il transmettrait ensuite aux propriétaires des usines. Publiez votre approbation ou votre désapprobation, vos modèles préférés, vos photos, etc.

Faisons en sorte que cela se produise

----------------------------------

大家好,

我一直在与一位将与工厂老板会面的受信任的经销商联系。我和其他许多人一样,认为他们代表F.P.已经很久了。 Journe品牌。这位受信任的经销商告诉我要进行一次民意调查或请愿,然后他将其转发给工厂的所有人。发布您的批准或不同意,喜欢的模型,图片等。

让我们做到这一点,

乔尔

------------------------------------

모두 안녕,

저는 공장 소유주와 만나게 될 공인 대리점 중 한 명과 연락을 취했습니다. 나는 다른 많은 사람들과 마찬가지로 F.P. Journe 브랜드. 신뢰할 수있는 딜러는 나에게 공장 소유자에게 전달할 수있는 여론 조사 나 청원을 시작하라고 말했습니다. 승인 또는 비 승인, 좋아하는 모델, 사진 등을 게시하십시오.

이런 일이 일어나 자

-------------------------------------

Ciao a tutti,

Sono stato in contatto con uno dei nostri rivenditori fidati che incontrerà i proprietari della fabbrica. Io, come molte altre persone, penso che sia da tempo che ripetono il F.P. Marchio Journe. Il commerciante di fiducia mi ha detto di iniziare una sorta di sondaggio o una petizione che poi avrebbe trasmesso ai proprietari delle fabbriche. Pubblica la tua approvazione o disapprovazione, modelli preferiti, immagini, ecc.

Facciamo in modo che ciò accada,
Any news?

brycrob

Known Member
26/10/19
Would like to see an Octa 34940 ref with white dial blue hands. Gotta have the gold decorated plate though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotSoHonestAbe

Certified
29/3/18
I'd be interested to see the first stages of an FP Journe replica but I'm not sure I would buy one.

One day a few years ago, I was wearing a rep Luminor PAM1312 to a Worn & Wound watch fair in San Francisco. I struck up a conversation with another watch enthusiast who gave me a compliment on my Panerai. He asked me if he could check it out and I obliged and handed him my watch, and he handed me his watch. He was wearing an FP Journe Chronometre Bleu - and I was pretty astonished and thought about how funny it would be if I just sprinted out the door with the thing leaving him with a $300 fake Panerai...
Anyway what really struck me about the watch the incredible hand finishing on the (presumably) solid gold bridges of the movement. It was easily the most beautiful watch I had ever seen. Replicating the gold oyster bracelet on Datejust by gold plating stainless steel is one thing. But trying to replicate an FP Journe movement is another ball game entirely.

Now, there also is the facet that I feel okay with buying Rolex, AP, Panerai, Cartier replicas because I don't respect the brands for giving in to this Veblen Good, hyper-luxury, Instagram economy where a watch is more about the "look at how much money i have" factor than the actual history, heritage, and clever engineering that goes into one of the timepieces. Much of the watch market is so childish and vain these days, and I would say that any of these brands (Rolex, AP, Patek Philippe, etc) are, for the prices they go for, NWBIG. (Not worth buying those overpriced things). But that's a conversation for another thread, another time.

FP Journe however, I think, is different. And I don't see replication of their movements going well. But what do I know? I'm just some dumb*** who likes fake rolexes

Reactions: watchoself

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
FPJ are rare birds, most people haven't seen them in person, so chance you will see another gent with the gen are quite low

Reactions: stufuse

Nemo770

7/11/19
USA
Hey All,

I hope everyone is doing well. Andrew asked for and received the tabulated results from this and a reddit post I put together. The factories are aware of what I have posted and even asked Andrew to ask me to ask you which specific models people were interested in (if you remember). I've been busy with school and work so I haven't been that active in this community, but I will shoot Andrew an email and let you all know the status of everything.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
Elegante and Chronometre Blue would be nice to see

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Elegante and Chronometre Blue would be nice to see

I concur - chronomètre bleu/souverain/black label for 39mm models and some Octa to have a 40/41mm options (reserve havana, calendrier, etc)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hey All,

I hope everyone is doing well. Andrew asked for and received the tabulated results from this and a reddit post I put together. The factories are aware of what I have posted and even asked Andrew to ask me to ask you which specific models people were interested in (if you remember). I've been busy with school and work so I haven't been that active in this community, but I will shoot Andrew an email and let you all know the status of everything.

Why does Andrew from trustytime not ask us himself ? :)

would make this much easier.

also in for a chronometre souverain.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

123Mattie

Horology Curious
17/1/20
Anyone else a fan of the CHRONOMÈTRE À RÉSONANCE?

The yellow dial is stunning.

One of the best looking watches IMHO.