• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How did the replica manufacturer produce a top replica

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
I had sent a massage to you. But you don’t reply me....
Puretime and Trustytime are good examples for us to learn from,they did a great job in the markets out of China. If you don't mind, I'd like to introduce us to you.

So...you are a dealer and want to sell things here?

geektime

Horology Curious
18/5/20
So...you are a dealer and want to sell things here?

I didn't say that.
I respect the rules here and will sell nothing without permission.
It's also good to just share information for you.

Goon3r

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/20
UK
Yeahh.. this thread hasn’t gone too well has it.

DutchSUB

Supporter
Certified
30/10/14
[EU] Netherlands
9f686a00539bb6d6d3bbb13480d6f13e.jpg

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
nevermind hh!it doesn't matter if we can't be a dealer .we just want to have a good time with u guys~

give us some real factory insights of upcoming releases and it will be a good time with the big boys on here. You will soon realize how much welcomed some credibility is on here - explaining the obvious is obviously not that credible.

Looking forward to your information as well known rep-insider!

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Sure, it can be scanned, it’s used a lot in vintage automotive engines when original parts are no longer made, but you would get a better, more accurate result on a watch case with other means. Lots of people think 3D scanning is like an electron microscope - it’s not like that.

I still think it is the way to go for reverse engineering, you can achieve excellent accuracy and the 3D model you have from scanning is perfect for reproduction/clone part for a true 1:1 part.
3D scanning is developing very quickly, trust me I know what I am speaking about. We are speaking about microns in terms of accuracy, I use it for automotive parts, casted and machined.
As for the issue of the metal parts, reflections, you use spray to reduce this as minimum as possible as a potential problem. There are handheld devices this days that are helpful to scan it quickly and to scan some positions that are difficult to reach. Pairing with the classic CMM and you can really obtain whatever you want. Finally, pair this 3D models with high accuracy CNC machines and you have a great result. Probably if all this "ingredients" were in the game, the prices of the reps would reach some higher production costs which would reflect on the end price for the consumers.

LOL, na. Lots of shiny things are 3D scanned mate. As Muriamas says it's used a lot in the vintage car game, I've had very shiny parts scanned and reproduced.

You can use it for whatever you want, only your imagination is the limit. Keep in mind that these piece of equipment are really expensive and it's a big investment, maybe for that reasons replica watch factories don't use them.