• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How did the replica manufacturer produce a top replica

geektime

Horology Curious
18/5/20
Hello everyone, nice to meet u! I have been in the forum for a few days and read a lot of interesting posts and articles. Today I want to bring you something I know about how to produce the top replica watches models by the manufactures.

There is a market only when there is demand, it’s economic rule. That’s why most manufactures usually choose popular watches models for producing. The heat of replica watches is basically the same as that of genuine ones. Normally, the niche brands and styles are not made by manufactures, and they cannot afford enough benefits to recover the costs in this market.

Majority of watch lovers are men, and is the same with the gender ratio of forum members. It may not be a good idea/business to spend too much resources to develop a female watch, so that the women’s replica watches that have been made for so many years are still only popular models like Cartier Balloons Blue.

Except from market demand, peer competition is also an importation factor in deciding which watch models to develop. It is different from Noob alone more than ten years ago, and now there are more than ten manufacturers capable of producing top replica watches. There are so many models and styles, even it is difficult to find popular styles that have not been produced by other factories. As for watch industry, the update cycle is quite slow, and genuine products are not released new series every year. Sometimes each manufacturer will produce the same model to compete with each other. For instance, Noob Factory produced Audemars Piguet in the early days, but later JF’s AP came into being, and raised the level of replica AP a lot, Noob gradually no longer produced it.

However, some well-known manufacturers are not happy with such competition. When some small factories produce the same products as themselves and do better and cheaper, they rely on their stronger financial funds and government relations to force them not to sell normally. It is undeniable that there are also some well-known factories who will cooperate with them and paste their own manufacturer’s name on the watches, which help to earn part of profits.

I think you must be curious about which manufacturers have done this. Please understanding that I can’t say it, because I don’t want to get trouble for myself.

After confirming the model and style, we will move to next step – production.

The top version is produced by disassembling the genuine ones and developing the molds. We have to know that some genuine watches are still expensive, even the second-hand Nautilus, the current price is close to $60,000. So due to cost consideration, there is usually only one genuine for reference to replica products with different colours and the same style/model, which also caused some trouble for the subsequent production process, most of products can be only based on the pictures to produce. For the manufacturers, it is difficult to achieve complete consistency through the pictures which cannot show the precise details and the difference of colour, for example, the colour of PF’s Nautilus with blue dial is quite different from the original version, and the PPF version was not revised until one year later.

After dismantling the purchased genuine products, the replica watch manufacturers will hand over the movement, case, strap, dial, and other parts to the foundries.

It is surprisingly that the manufacturers of most parts of replica watches are formal and legal, and even some are listed companies. These enterprises do not rely solely on the production of replica watch parts. They also have their own regular watch business, and the quality level is outstanding. Out of legal reasons, all the components produced and delivered by these manufactures have no brand and logo, there are no counterfeiting issues.

As the core of the watch - movement, most of them are purchased from China’s Seagull, Hangzhou, Mingzhu, Japan’s Miyota, and also a few rare models to use Swiss ETA. The manufactures can get these movements to modify the appearance and reassembly. In addition, there are some movements like VSF’s Omega 8500. Noob’s Daytona 4130, which require exclusive customization. As far as I know, standard movement companies will provide the customized and released movements for replica manufactures, but it needs the minimum order quantity requirement, such as 10,000 units per model, which is a big expense for factories. But this is not a big challenge for a super manufacturer like Noob, which current Daytona’s monthly sales has upto 3,000.

Afterwards, the replica manufacturer put the Logo on the parts of the regular manufacturers, and then assembled them together, then a replica watch was completed.

If you require any further information, please reply on this post instead of sending massages.

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
I would assume some factories also have friends / family or know somebody that has an original that they could borrow instead of buying the gen to rep it? seems like it would be a pretty big investment to buy a real RM to rep from for example.

geektime

Horology Curious
18/5/20
I would assume some factories also have friends / family or know somebody that has an original that they could borrow instead of buying the gen to rep it? seems like it would be a pretty big investment to buy a real RM to rep from for example.

This can't work, most of the witches used to make the mold will be damaged in the disassembly process .There are unable to recover.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
This can't work, most of the witches used to make the mold will be damaged in the disassembly process .There are unable to recover.
I see, but can't they 3D scan the watch now and then refine it by 3D software and then 3D print the mold?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
geektime

How would you get in trouble for revealing this information? The factories don’t know who you are. Why bring it up if you don’t provide factory names?

“However, some well-known manufacturers are not happy with such competition. When some small factories produce the same products as themselves and do better and cheaper, they rely on their stronger financial funds and government relations to force them not to sell normally. It is undeniable that there are also some well-known factories who will cooperate with them and paste their own manufacturer’s name on the watches, which help to earn part of profits.

I think you must be curious about which manufacturers have done this. Please understanding that I can’t say it, because I don’t want to get trouble for myself.“

geektime

Horology Curious
18/5/20
geektime

How would you get in trouble for revealing this information? The factories don’t know who you are. Why bring it up if you don’t provide factory names?

“However, some well-known manufacturers are not happy with such competition. When some small factories produce the same products as themselves and do better and cheaper, they rely on their stronger financial funds and government relations to force them not to sell normally. It is undeniable that there are also some well-known factories who will cooperate with them and paste their own manufacturer’s name on the watches, which help to earn part of profits.

I think you must be curious about which manufacturers have done this. Please understanding that I can’t say it, because I don’t want to get trouble for myself.“

In fact they know me.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
In fact they know me.
So what your are saying is a larger factory will use its “influence” to force a smaller factory (the competition) to sell it’s stock to the larger factory and then the larger factory puts its name on the product and sells it?

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
In fact they know me.
You're real name is "geektime"? Wow, that's a funny coincidence. You shouldn't have chosen it as your forum name then.

Unless... they have some way to burrow into our membership details, and extract our true identities from them?

Reactions: Tony12345

geektime

Horology Curious
18/5/20
You're real name is "geektime"? Wow, that's a funny coincidence. You shouldn't have chosen it as your forum name then.

Unless... they have some way to burrow into our membership details, and extract our true identities from them?

Not my real name. But the name of geektime is known by many people in Chinese replica industry.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I see, but can't they 3D scan the watch now and then refine it by 3D software and then 3D print the mold?

3D scanning works by moving a laser dot across an object. Quickly back and fourth. A camera looks at the line the dot draws and its track is converted, by software, into a 3D model. Some systems can use a photograph as well, but the interpretation is software driven and very fallible beyond simple forms and shapes.

First imagine how big that dot is vs the intricate size and shape of a watch case.
Now imagine the havoc shiny and brushed surfaces will play with the trace of the laser dot.

the result is a spiky mess of a model which has less resemblance to the watch case than a kids sketch.

Last edited:
Reactions: k4jun

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
3D scanning works by moving a laser dot across an object. Quickly back and fourth. A camera looks at the line the dot draws and its track Is converted into a 3D model.

First imagine how big that dot is vs the intricate size and shape of a watch case.
Now imagine the havoc shiny and brushed surfaces will play with the trace of the laser dot.

the result is a spiky mess of a model which has less resemblance to the watch case than a kids sketch.

It can be scanned..
I use it on aluminum die casting parts and it is possible. You can scan small and big objects, the accuracy can be achieved with more expensive devices (I have one that costed ~100.000k$)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
It can be scanned..
I use it on aluminum die casting parts and it is possible. You can scan small and big objects, the accuracy can be achieved with more expensive devices (I have one that costed ~100.000k$)

Sure, it can be scanned, it’s used a lot in vintage automotive engines when original parts are no longer made, but you would get a better, more accurate result on a watch case with other means. Lots of people think 3D scanning is like an electron microscope - it’s not like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: trailboss99

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Not my real name. But the name of geektime is known by many people in Chinese replica industry.

So why did you chose it ? You could have gone incognito and reveal all of this ...

Your post look like something one would start to build a reputation on this forum, in order to later offer some kind of rep related services ...

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

They do, anyone how damaged a gen in the process of measurement would be very unpopular. Damage happens but it is rare.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
It can be scanned..

LOL, na. Lots of shiny things are 3D scanned mate. As Muriamas says it's used a lot in the vintage car game, I've had very shiny parts scanned and reproduced.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
nothing new and all this secret information shared by the OP is more or less common sense on here.

Next time it will be a wiser move to prove credibility by firing up your post with some real insights of upcoming developments or releases - anything else is explaining the observed past and won't help anyone that is not new to the game unfortunately.

welcome to RWI :)

geektime

Horology Curious
18/5/20
Funny, I've never heard of you, how about you guys puretime and trustytime ?

I had sent a massage to you. But you don’t reply me....
Puretime and Trustytime are good examples for us to learn from,they did a great job in the markets out of China. If you don't mind, I'd like to introduce us to you.