• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can Anyone Spot the GEN Sub 116610 Datewheel For Me Please?

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Hi guys.

Bit of help needed from the experts/pros.

To cut a long story short, I have a Franken sub with what I believe to be the SH3135 datewheel fitted in it, rather than a GEN datewheel?

To confuse things further there is also a VR3135 (which I THINK is photo B?)?

One of these 3 photos SHOULD be a gen. One is a VR and one is an SH but I don’t know which is which?!

Can anyone kindly help from these 3 photos please? (Sorry, best I can do with iPhone camera).

A bit more info - photo “A” datewheel is not as bright white as photo “B”, ie a bit “creamier”

X3 Photos A, B and C to follow:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
b139e816ce95c990e089b659b6c41e4c.plist

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Your pics are out of focus with not very good lighting.

It's definitely not C, that's for certain.

Probably A.

Reactions: cpd2186

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Very obvious A is the gen wheel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yiyi947

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
14/5/20
I ´ll A too for sure and defenitly not the c ahah

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Not a good quality picture to judge but I'd say "A" is gen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Sorry for the crap pics guys. Appreciate you all taking the time to have a look.

Let me try again taking the photo in my light box -

471520deb07582e7b3d0733c2fda75bb.jpg

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
Here is a side by side of A and B.

B is a brighter white than A.

A is more of a creamy white in comparison to B.

e9911a608b6933aa91aada64c0183a58.jpg

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
It’s A. The date wheel on B is the current VR’s datewheel. As you can spot the teeths are not fully colored, and the tinny space at the outter date wheel is again, not colored. Also look at the texture on each print. The genuine printing is more pop-out in crisp and clear. Compares to the one on B’s (which is VR’s is also a “next to the best” options for date wheel at this moment) but the text printing is not as crips as the genuine ( in this case A). At the fast glance, you cant tell but if you put it in the loupe, it’s date and night different. C, to me, look like an old SH 3135 bold date-wheel that JF and ARF uses for their rep. As the printing is not crisp, but rather bold and precision less.

Reactions: occb2

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
It’s A. The date wheel on B is the current VR’s datewheel. As you can spot the teeths are not fully colored, and the tinny space at the outter date wheel is again, not colored. Also look at the texture on each print. The genuine printing is more pop-out in crisp and clear. Compares to the one on B’s (which is VR’s is also a “next to the best” options for date wheel at this moment) but the text printing is not as crips as the genuine ( in this case A). At the fast glance, you cant tell but if you put it in the loupe, it’s date and night different. C, to me, look like an old SH 3135 bold date-wheel that JF and ARF uses for their rep. As the printing is not crisp, but rather bold and precision less.

Well said. I don't think A is real either. The font is way too thick. I think its an Ebay rep that I have seen floating around. Flip it and lets see the back of (A).

Like stated above, the (B) is a VR, heck its still in the VR movement with the test hour hand on it. The (C) is a terrible copy, most likely the SH or the normal date lay over.

Reactions: beanvatan

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Maybe this will help. A comparison of 3135 rep dw's to Gen dw. Compares Yuki, SHv1, SHv2, SA/Noob, WSO (ebay), Gen. Unfortunately no VR for comparison.