• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner Clone Movements - 1:1 Replicas

Maegga1979

Horology Curious
19/5/20
Hi everyone,

I was looking at different clone models Noob, ZFF, etc and tried to find a clone that also has a perfect replica of the movement.
I couldn't find one.

This picture shows the movement that I found in many replicas. The area with the red circle is always different to the genuine version.

f1c65f47-02e6-49f2-bc2a-5d2b24d5a3ef

Searching on Google, I found this picture from a company called solidswiss.cd
They claim that their movement is a one:eek:ne copy of the original.

54a5850f-19e1-4293-9879-c7b7ca8076ef

Which watch has these movements or do you know any other models that have perfect copies of the original Rolex movement?

Thanks,
Maegga

Maegga1979

Horology Curious
19/5/20
sorry, the pictures didn't go through in the first post. hope this makes it clear.

T9ndK.jpg

Last edited:

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Searching on Google, I found this picture from a company called solidswiss.cd
They claim that their movement is a one on one copy of the original.
Scam site, using pictures of gen movements, claiming it's their clone.

As for your research to date - sounds like you haven't really tried very hard yet. Do some more reading on the ZZF Subs and the VR movements.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Solidswiss is one of the most notorious scam sites on the internet. Complete b.s.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I was looking at different clone models Noob, ZFF, etc and tried to find a clone that also has a perfect replica of the movement.
I couldn't find one.

This picture shows the movement that I found in many replicas. The area with the red circle is always different to the genuine version.

Tell me about it. Walked into an AD the other day with a bare 3125 movement just to show off. Unfortunately, they saw it's fake after taking a closer look and I didn't get either i.e. a glass of champaign and a ceramic Daytona. Might as well be that my stained Hawaii shirt gave me away...? Long story short: I returned to wearing watches instead of bare movements. Never got called out again.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Tell me about it. Walked into an AD the other day with a bare 3125 movement just to show off. Unfortunately, they saw it's fake after taking a closer look and I didn't get either i.e. a glass of champaign and a ceramic Daytona. Might as well be that my stained Hawaii shirt gave me away...? Long story short: I returned to wearing watches instead of bare movements. Never got called out again.
I was also going to ask what's so important about a 100% identical copy of a movement in a Rolex that has a sold steel caseback - but in the end I couldn't be arsed. So thanks for making the same point - but in a far better way than I could've.

Maegga1979

Horology Curious
19/5/20
Hi everyone,

thanks for your answers.

yes, I am new to this topic and maybe I should do more research before I post a topic.

anyway... I just wanted to understand how close the replica watches are getting go the originals. I found that the outside is getting very close which makes it very difficult to spot them.
This seams to be different once you open the case...

For those who are interested to get deeper into the topic of movements, I would appreciate it.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
There are no very good clones when you get into the fine details. Its easily spotted by anyone who knows what to look for with a loupe. Even on the outside.

They will never be the same, rolex use 7 million dollar equipment to do the brushing effect on their movements, they are works of art. The rep factories will never match it. There are also a few obvious errors in the movement parts.

The old claim by so many "i took my watch to rolex and they couldnt tell it was fake" is a load of baloney. Maybe from 2 foot glance.
But any watchmaker who has worked on a rolex would know what to look at. When you have a movement in high def on a 40 inch lcd you can see everything look rough.
Besides.. They can always just check the serial and movement numbers before even going to the trouble

You will find a few you tube videos of watchmakers who have never seen a VRF or ARF rep before but do it for their video, and they spot things in seconds, even the very best clone daytona he could see the mirror effect on the hour hand wasnt close to gen.

Last edited:

TheDarkWright

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/4/20
England
There are no very good clones. Its easily spotted by anyone who knows what to look for with a loupe. Even on the oustide.

They will never be the same, rolex use 7 million dollar equpment to do the brushing effect on their movements, they are works of art.
There are also a few obvious errors in the movement parts.

The old claim by so many "i took my watch to rolex and they couldnt tell it was fake" is a load of baloney. Maybe from 2 foot glance.
But any watchmaker who has worked on a rolex would know what to look at. When you have a movement in high def on a 40 inch lcd you can see everything look rough.
Besides.. They can always just check the serial and movement numbers before even going to the trouble

This.

The best thing I've learned to do is accept the flaws, rock it anyway, and stop worrying about it being '1:1' with gen.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
If they were true 1:1 then they would sell for Gen prices. We are paying for the cover not the book ????

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
theres also the fact that if you want the very best of the bunch rep you will need to go through half a dozen QC examples, because if you order a watch its a lucky dip.. they are not all like rolex send them out and all perfectly the same (not even rolex are for that matter)