• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First rep disaster! Air King 116900 BP

LeDadSnatcher

Looking Around
6/11/19
Received my first replica today after scouring the forums for a few months and I had decided to go with an Air King 116900 BP.

I got the watch and was very impressed, resized it to my wrist (not too tight) and tried it on. All was well until I took it off and put it on a few more times (to test the watch of course) and now the piece where the clasp clips into place has broken off meaning it no longer clips together. The watch will no longer stay on and it has put me off replicas a bit to be honest!

Any advice? I've contacted intime who I purchased the watch off but I am yet to hear back (only just done this though), anyone else had similar problems? Not sure if I'll be sent a replacement, them telling me they cannot help or I can return it for repair (at their expense).
https://imgur.com/a/98by3u0
4i9sj0P.jpg

vV8CI6n.jpg

GWzWZC6.jpg

Last edited:

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I would wait to see what Ryan says as he may be able to send a replacement clasp. I definitely wouldn't return the whole watch to China.

As a last resort you could attempt a fix using JB weld which is pretty amazing stuff

LeDadSnatcher

Looking Around
6/11/19
I would wait to see what Ryan says as he may be able to send a replacement clasp. I definitely wouldn't return the whole watch to China.

As a last resort you could attempt a fix using JB weld which is pretty amazing stuff
yeah I was thinking that or maybe a replacement bracelet. Just hoping I can get it sorted ASAP as it’s a very nice piece. Cheers for the reply mate

LeDadSnatcher

Looking Around
6/11/19
I've been talking with Intime for the past couple of days and they have told me I will have to pay $50 for a new clasp and $10 airmail.

I am not very happy with this as the clasp should not have broken within 1 hour of me having the watch so it is very much a quality issue.

Can anyone advise me on this? From my point of view, I shouldn't be paying for this as this is clearly a quality issue but I am new to the rep world so I don't know how it all works but I can't imagine it's this bad.

I would happily return the watch if need be at their expense if they're wanting $60 for something that should not have broke in the first place but I don't think that's an option.

wildrabbit

Renowned Member
Supporter
11/8/18
I would happily return the watch if need be at their expense if they're wanting $60 for something that should not have broke in the first place but I don't think that's an option.

It happens.
Sometimes in the process of counterfeiting a item and infringing on a patent, to save money, many parts are spot welded instead of being milled.
An Authentic clasp will run between $650-$700 (if you can find one) which of course will fix your concern about quality for an item you paid 5% of the real price for.
Otherwise, " $50 for a new clasp and $10 airmail." is not only cheap, but generous on part of the TD to make that offer - most on here will charge you double that for a decent clasp.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Can anyone advise me on this? From my point of view, I shouldn't be paying for this as this is clearly a quality issue but I am new to the rep world so I don't know how it all works but I can't imagine it's this bad.

You have a few options, but first of all realise you are not buying from a store or Amazon, and you will always come across quality issues in this hobby. Its not as though Intime can take it up with the factory either...

1. buy some metal epoxy and glue that sucker back on. (and make sure it cures properly)
2. buy a replacement clasp off eBay.
3. take the TD up on his offer - it's nothing.

We all feel your pain, but it's insignificant compared with a DOA movement or a letter from some asshole lawyer.

LeDadSnatcher

Looking Around
6/11/19
Hi so been messaging intime for the last couple of days and they have agreed to send me a replacement clasp free of charge which was good of them. Today I thought I would remove the original broken clasp however I cannot remove one of the links from it due to a screw that is free spinning. I try to undo it, tighten it etc and there is never any resistance, it just spins forever.

I would just remove that link and carry on however, I need this certain screw out to fit the new clasp as they're different from the regular link screws.

Is this a replacement bracelet job now or something? Really disappointed as this is my first replica watch and this is the second problem I've had with it.

I've uploaded a video here for you guys to see and I will also be sending this to intime.

https://youtu.be/kmxptZOkmXA

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
If you ship it back to China, be prepared for a 3rd problem - that item is confiscated by customs or lost in the mail.
After losing 2 expensive packages this way, I will never ship anything back to China, but YMMV, some have had better luck.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Dude, buy some proper sized tools first of all if you intend on doing these types of jobs yourself. If it had been me, I would honestly simply have glued the first clasp back together. Would take a few minutes and then all good to enjoy.

Just try putting a little glue on the tip of your screwdriver so it binds to the screw and then see if that isn't enough to 'pull it out'.

Rickjames111

5/9/17
St Louis, Mo
Dude, JB weld that thing back on and wear it until it breaks again. A few years down the road you will have a brand new clasp to put on when it does. As to the screw not coming out, I would taken the advice of the person who replied about putting a dab of glue on the tip of your screwdriver.

Reactions: LeDadSnatcher