• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Customs opened my package

Applewatchenthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/20
I bought a Noob Rolex watch through a M2M sale from another EU-country which was inspected and opened by the customs in my country. They left a note inside the package stating that they had inspected the contents searching for illegal goods. It was delivered quickly and without any trouble whatsoever.

Has it happened to anyone else? I supposed you were screwed if customs opened the package.

Reactions: YellowFin

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I did hear of one guy, where exactly the same thing happened. A year or so later he took it to a watchmaker to get it serviced and the guy told him there was a tracking device inside the watch.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I did hear of one guy, where exactly the same thing happened. A year or so later he took it to a watchmaker to get it serviced and the guy told him there was a tracking device inside the watch.

Are you saying Noob is tracking us?

Applewatchenthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/20

OK. Really appreciate this info. Just opened the case back to see if they put a tracking device there and indeed I found another note from customs inside.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Customs once opened one of my AP reps. They left a note inside that the rotor didn't look legit and while checking the watch it was making too much noise. So they silenced my rotor and send the watch to me. The customs note even had a question - Any recommendations on who makes the best sub.

Last edited:

brokebuthappy

24/2/20
Yeah, nowadays they have caseback openers, spring bar tools, everything to install the trackers. Allegedly they even waterproof test to 5ATM after placing the tracker.

Sometimes they don't even leave notes, just do it.

Every one of my international sales posts will now say: Waterproofed 5ATM by customs +50.00

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Happened to me once too - customs opened the package and left note. Said:

"Wow! Either this is gen or an impressive 1:1 A+++++ Latest Version Exact Perfect Replica. Henceright we shall now charge you the customs fee for the retail price of a Rolex."

Fooled them!

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Seriously though, customs opened a package of mine, and resealed it after inspection. It was an AP ROO, and I was surprised by it to be honest. Bright green tape. They did not open the bubble wrap with the watch in it though they were clearly looking for other things.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
They're actually looking for drugs and other shyte. No one cares for the watch inside if it's a shipment within the EU.

Customs once opened one of my AP reps. They left a note inside that the rotor didn't look legit and while checking the watch it was making too much noise. So they silenced my rotor and send the watch to me. The customs note even had a question - Any recommendations on who makes the best sub.

Hahahaaa - savage, man! And if you care to help those customs guys out, best sub replicas come from Molvania... *runs away*

Last edited:

fone_

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
22/4/20
Comes in handy when you get lost after a night of drinking.
if you ask nicely, they install tracking devices in all your watches, rep or gen, for a small fee.

balance27

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/3/15
United Kingdom
On a serious note. I did see a thread somewhere that was about the new GMT Pepsi and someone said that the advert/poster read something about an “anti counterfeit chip”. The Poster was written in Chinese!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Yeah, nowadays they have caseback openers, spring bar tools, everything to install the trackers. Allegedly they even waterproof test to 5ATM after placing the tracker.

Sometimes they don't even leave notes, just do it.

LMAO

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
I'm the UK, bought a M2M watch from a chap in Holland a few weeks back. When the package arrived it had 'Home Office, Border Force' tape holding it closed. They had opened it up for an inspection and sent it on. No note or issues.