No announcement yet.

The replica paradox

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7750's are good as long as you remember to only move your wrist in a counterclockwise direction while wearing your watch. If you should forget and move your wrist clockwise you may cause the autowind to start unwinding thus causing the mainspring to eject the reverse wheels and slam into the keyless turning the stem and crown into a dangerous projectile firing into your retina at 28,800 bpm. This is where the saying: 'You'll shoot your eye out Noob' originated. Stay safe
    Last edited by diverdown60; 23-05-20, 00:45.

Comment

chubbychaser911 i am not knowledgeable enough yet to follow that. I don’t know the jargon about movements really.. someday though!

Comment

YellowFin what do you mean swap to gen? Forgive my ignorance here.. what movement can I put into this watch? It’s a JF vnavitimer!

Comment

It’s possible to get watches that are replicas which can last a long time. But there are some watches which are considered time bombs. The main ones are anything with a 7750 chronograph and what are know. As correct hand stack GMT eta clones. The SA 3135 and to lesser extent SH 3135 are also unreliable Rolex replica movements. But they’re easy enough to buy a second movement and have it installed when and if it dies in a year. Much cheaper than servicing a genuine Rolex every five years according to manufacturers schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Slanglican View Post
            YellowFin what do you mean swap to gen? Forgive my ignorance here.. what movement can I put into this watch? It’s a JF vnavitimer!
            The A7750 is a copy of the ETA 7750.

Comment

Okay..
              So I DO have a rep that o can stick an eta in when it breaks down!
              that’s good to know! I wonder how much those run.. [rhetorical]

hey I appreciate all the good info.

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
                I’m glad my previous post made you chuckle. But unfortunately, the “send it back” approach is one that is almost always advised against, when it comes to rep watches from China. It’s highly likely to end in more disappointment and frustration as the returned watch disappears into the Chinese postal system, sometimes never to emerge again; and if it makes it back, you’ll have months waiting while nothing happens, and then get it back and it’s still broken. It’s just a fact that after sales care isn’t really a thing in this illegal rep business.

If a watch develops a problem it’s far better to just send it to one of the watchsmiths who service them for the members here, swallow the cost and chalk it up to experience. If it happens soon after you got the watch, discuss it with the TD and they‘ll probably give you a discount on your next purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                " discuss it with the TD and they'll probably give you a discount on your next purchase "

You really didn't think this through before you started typing the words, did you ?

Who in their right mind after being sold a crap watch would go back to the same dealer and buy another ?

Apparently... You.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware of the Dog View Post

" discuss it with the TD and they'll probably give you a discount on your next purchase "

You really didn't think this through before you started typing the words, did you ?

Who in their right mind after being sold a crap watch would go back to the same dealer and buy another ?

Apparently... You.
                  Jesus wept

Comment

Apparently... You.
                    I have gotten a credit for a shitty watch because TD was embarrassed the product broke within days. Though the crappy assembly was not his fault he understood as a repeat customer he could keep me and keep me coming back with a remedy.

for a newbutt you seem to have a ton of experience with the TDs and you angry like a mean girl at school, always frowin and shit.
                    Last edited by DaleM; 24-05-20, 11:39.

Comment

Apparently... You.
                      My god, how could I have been so stupid? Thanks for helping me see what a fool I've been. I promise I'll have a really good think before I type any more words.

Comment

Originally posted by Loverboy View Post
                        After getting an IWC chronograph from TD Chazing Time, the watch broke down after a few days. TD told that the chronograph buttons was not for use, than the watch would break down. I did´t know that. Now I know, others have confirmed. I was also told by TD that people get their rep watch serviced and oiled before use. Others have confirmed that too. I got hold of a watchsmith with 40 years experience. He could do the service for 300 dollars. That means we choose between a rep (fake) 300-400 dollars chinese watch + 300 dollar service and still got a watch (crappy)with chronbuttons for decoration only, or we can buy a brand new Citizen og Tissot, Swiss watches, with chronobuttons to use as much as I like, for 600 dollars. Fake crap chinese 700 dollars. Original swiss 600 dollars.
                        Wich leads to the question: Do people here wear their reps or are they for looking at only?
                        I will highlight some slightly noticeable differences:

- Most of us did some research prior to our purchase ergo we didn’t experience situations as the one you related. This forum is a huge source of knowledge to avoid them.

- Not all the replicas requires service prior to its use, as well as none all of the gens (ie - NOS models from 10 years ago)

- The watchmakers offering their services around here, doesn’t charge 300$ for a service of a clone movement AFAIK. I was paying up to 800€ for a service at RSC but 300 in a local bussines- despite of its experience I will give it a second thought.

- Collecting reps is a different hobby from collecting gens, in a lot of aspects you cannot compare them.

- Last but not least, never seen a proper Swiss Made automatic watch for 400$

Comment

Originally posted by DaleM View Post
                          I have gotten a credit for a shitty watch because TD was embarrassed the product broke within days. Though the crappy assembly was not his fault he understood as a repeat customer he could keep me and keep me coming back with a remedy.

for a newbutt you seem to have a ton of experience with the TDs and you angry like a mean girl at school, always frowin and shit.
                          You are correct, I do have a ton of experience.

I am new here in name only and it looks as if I have been around far longer than you.

The OP, like myself a newbutt, as you wrongly assume, started this thread because he felt ripped off and what he was looking for was some help.

What he did get, as seems to be the norm here when a new guy has an issue with a dealer, is a bunch of button pushers armed with nothing more than a self proclaimed sense of elevated superiority telling him it's his own fault for buying the wrong type of watch.

I know all the pit-falls associated with buying stuff from a different country and the song will remain the same. If I receive something that doesn't meet my expectations, I ALLWAYS get my money back.

No exceptions.

Comment

You are correct, I do have a ton of experience.

I am new here in name only and it looks as if I have been around far longer than you.

The OP, like myself a newbutt, as you wrongly assume, started this thread because he felt ripped off and what he was looking for was some help.

What he did get, as seems to be the norm here when a new guy has an issue with a dealer, is a bunch of button pushers armed with nothing more than a self proclaimed sense of elevated superiority telling him it's his own fault for buying the wrong type of watch.

I know all the pit-falls associated with buying stuff from a different country and the song will remain the same. If I receive something that doesn't meet my expectations, I ALLWAYS get my money back.

No exceptions.
                            What was you old one? But that was my point to begin woth. Are you previously banned? With your crappy attitude I would not be astonished.

Lol, you assume I am new too? Bless your heart Mrs Pot, here meet Mr Kettle.

Comment

I read this and another rep forum for quite awhile before joining last summer, I decided to look for reps with the A2824 specifically for the purpose of future upgrade to an ETA 2824 probably without being able to precisely articulate why at the time. I'm probably going to upgrade to the ETA 2824 later this year.

Comment

Why not? That exact watch would have broken down regardless of which TD sold it. So how is changing TDs going to make sure a cheap copy of a 10k-50k USD watch will be a product with the same longevity? Just wondering if there's a rationale to your strategy or if you know more than the rest of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X