• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I got really lucky on dhgate

Roger1166

Horology Curious
13/5/20
Did Bart Simpson draw that dial coronet? Overall horribly uglier than a meth addict 65 year old hooker on the south side of chicago.

I understand the style of the watch is not for everybody - I have a very unique style that stands apart from the crowd, yes - but it is still a very FINE quality watch.

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
Surprisingly it has better SEL fitment and lug shape than a few "high end reps". lol

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I understand the style of the watch is not for everybody - I have a very unique style that stands apart from the crowd, yes - but it is still a very FINE quality watch.

Good for you. Enjoy the shit out of it.

Reactions: Glaude and cpd2186

mmjmmj

Known Member
28/7/19
in a peculiar position
Hello, thank you for the kind words. Not to give off the wrong idea, but I dress pretty "over the top" all the time (my face mask has rhinestones). Anyway, generally speaking I feel that most Rolex watches look very "plain" looking, and very generic. The vast majority of them do not appeal to me (aesthetically speaking, that is).

Good for you, life is short...

Reactions: Tucker

aswe1022

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/18
Wow!! That looks quite nice!
My experience with DHgate is quite horrible...
anyway, congrats on your new watch

hm11esh

4/9/18
im in awe. please can I have the link so I can buy 10 of them and sell as gen. It looks so identical tot he gen one. might even be better than the gen

Reactions: Roger1166

Seamaster3459

28/11/18
When I first started reading this, I thought maybe you were joking, but now I think you're genuine.

Since you seem new - I'll try and explain some of the more... well... "sarcastic" comments. You'll find that a large segment of this forum (myself included) dedicate their time with this hobby to finding reps that closely match the genuine watches. In fact, many members will even "franken" watches by adding genuine parts to eliminate flaws that set the piece apart from the genuine thing. This watch is one of those that most would consider an "instant tell" replica. There are lots of flaws that members generally try to avoid. You'll find, on RWI, the knowledge of the membership about the genuine watches exceeds even some dedicated genuine watch enthusiasts.

All that being said, if you love it, ENJOY IT. Don't take the meaner comments personally - it takes all kinds. If you have a rhinestone face mask, then I'm sure you can rock the s*** out of this watch. The more you learn, the more you'll find your tastes change. As far as this watch goes, I'm glad you've found something you like that is a deal! Welcome to RWI, buddy.

Roger1166

Horology Curious
13/5/20
When I first started reading this, I thought maybe you were joking, but now I think you're genuine.

Since you seem new - I'll try and explain some of the more... well... "sarcastic" comments. You'll find that a large segment of this forum (myself included) dedicate their time with this hobby to finding reps that closely match the genuine watches. In fact, many members will even "franken" watches by adding genuine parts to eliminate flaws that set the piece apart from the genuine thing. This watch is one of those that most would consider an "instant tell" replica. There are lots of flaws that members generally try to avoid. You'll find, on RWI, the knowledge of the membership about the genuine watches exceeds even some dedicated genuine watch enthusiasts.

All that being said, if you love it, ENJOY IT. Don't take the meaner comments personally - it takes all kinds. If you have a rhinestone face mask, then I'm sure you can rock the s*** out of this watch. The more you learn, the more you'll find your tastes change. As far as this watch goes, I'm glad you've found something you like that is a deal! Welcome to RWI, buddy.

Thank you very much, I was quite surprised by the disparaging comments. I thought people would be impressed by the placement of the rubys at 6 and 9, among other things.........

Ayeready

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/10
Thank you for the kind words, yes I am very proud of this watch.

WoW. Are you sure this isn't a gen that they've boxed and sent to you in error?

I have a friend who this happened to.

He was worried as there was a customs stop on his tracking after it entered the UK. Customs opened it once and left a note saying how good the watch was before sending it on to him with no issues.

Unbelievable... literally!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Roger1166

Horology Curious
13/5/20
Okay, I decided to drop the diamonds and go with something more traditional. Please let me know what you think please????

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
I, for one, would like to see the Gate purchases in some more detail (reviews, etc.). It's almost like a "sporting" search for something that might be a jewel in the rough. The success stories are almost rewarding from a distance. Could be a good running post of wins/losses here.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I, for one, would like to see the Gate purchases in some more detail (reviews, etc.). It's almost like a "sporting" search for something that might be a jewel in the rough. The success stories are almost rewarding from a distance. Could be a good running post of wins/losses here.
Become a VIP over at RWG.bz and there's a section of the forum dedicated to DHGate recommendations and reviews.