• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Someone stop me from buying this watch...

Frod

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/20
I’m your typical watch guy. I love a nice diver, enjoy a good PAM, even a clean and simple dress watch will suffice.

But lately I’ve been seeing these Konstantin Chaykins all over YouTube and Instagram. At first I thought they were kind of cool and different but never thought to peruse a rep of one. That was until I saw this Konstantin Chaykin “Pennywise” edition.

https://trustytime.shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=468&products_id=21178

Now I’m a big horror fan and love the IT movies (even the TV Mini Series) so I instantly thought “oh I gotta have this” but then I really thought about it...When would I actually wear this? Will it just look silly? I don’t know!

I’m curious if anyone who owns a Konstantin Chayka Joker, Pennywise, can tell me about their experience with this watch. How much wrist time does it actually get? When do you usually wear it? Do people constantly ask questions about it?

Maybe someone can stop me from spending a few hundred bucks. ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I am not going to stop you buying this. It is almost super rep quality , has a great Seiko movement and looks very well made.

Arguably NWBIG

I almost decided to buy it myself when I saw it

Reactions: Rx4Time and Frod

Frod

16/4/20
I am not going to stop you buying this. It is almost super rep quality , has a great Seiko movement and looks very well made.

Arguably NWBIG

Appreciate the input! I haven’t heard much about these reps so it’s nice to hear another opinion. If I’m honest with myself I know I will ultimately end up adding this piece to the collection at some point.

Can I ask why you decided not to pull the trigger yet?

Frod

16/4/20

Arguably NWBIG

Appreciate the input! I haven’t heard much about these reps so it’s nice to get another opinion. If I’m honest with myself I know I will ultimately end up adding this piece to the collection at some point.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I've been debating buying one of these for a while myself. There's only a couple of minor glaring variances between the genuine and replica. I've asked myself the same question you're asking which is how much would I actually wear it? Personally I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't wear it enough to justify buying one.

Reactions: Frod

Frod

16/4/20
I've been debating buying one of these for a while myself. There's only a couple of minor glaring variances between the genuine and replica. I've asked myself the same question you're asking which is how much would I actually wear it? Personally I've come to the conclusion that I wouldn't wear it enough to justify buying one.

It truly is a beautiful piece and one I’m sure I’d enjoying owning for fun but I’d just hate to spend the money on a watch and barely wear it. I’d like to think It would get a lot of wrist time but honestly I have no idea. It’s also a tough decision when there are so many other watches that are the “safer” bet.

I appreciate the input. If you ever pull the trigger on it let me know!

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
Appreciate the input! I haven’t heard much about these reps so it’s nice to hear another opinion. If I’m honest with myself I know I will ultimately end up adding this piece to the collection at some point.

I haven't completely decided not to. There is a day night function on the Gen in which the teeth become visible and not visible I am trying to find out if that functions on the Rep

Frod

16/4/20
I haven't completely decided not to. There is a day night function on the Gen in which the teeth become visible and not visible I am trying to find out if that functions on the Rep

Oh I see. I didn’t know that, I’m interested to find out as well.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS

The genuine is a moon phase, and the replica is a 24-hour function. In my opinion this is not a deal-breaker.

reppy

Renowned Member
14/1/17
The question is whether or not you are actually going to use it. If you can see yourself wearing it often, just buy it. If you see it sitting in a watch box, pass.

Frod

16/4/20
The question is whether or not you are actually going to use it. If you can see yourself wearing it often, just buy it. If you see it sitting in a watch box, pass.

Yeah I think I’m going to get it. I know I’ll wear it enough and it’s a fun watch to add to the collection.

Appreciate your input!

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
If you have extra funds go for it. But if it's me I'll past as I'm not going to wear it. :p So it's a waste of space in my box... But still it's a fun watch

Last edited:

Frod

16/4/20
After some debate I ended up ordering the watch. I know I’ll enjoy wearing it and ultimately want to have it in my collection it’s such a cool and unique piece. I’ll be sure to post some pics when it arrives! Thanks for all the input guys.

Reactions: timnic54

CaptainSplash

I'm Pretty Popular
11/8/19
I agree, but what is it saying?
"Here take it.... take it Georgie...."
4e31df9981c95fed80edb331f09a1915.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk