• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Need help! Super Rep Rolex DateJust 41 126333

jerrym5

Horology Curious
3/2/20
Hello, guys, I'm looking for a super rep so I can actually wear in public without having to think twice, I contacted Puretime she had sent me a link to this one and said this is the closest you can get to a Gen
I need your help! should I go ahead and purchase this one and call it a day or do you guys have something else that is better than the one she sent. On Reddit people said that's too expensive for what it is so is there a better super rep please let me know this is very difficult I have been researching for days and nothing is making sense noob or ARF cant choose I need experienced people to chime in on this thank you guys. this is my first purchase.

I also don't mind on a black Submariner if anyone has a very good super rep!

Link : https://puretimewatch.io/datejust-4...ack-dial-on-ss-yg-jubilee-bracelet-a3235.html

brokebuthappy

24/2/20
You've been researching for days?!?
WOW thats a ton of research.

You should research the thread on the forum that has the best rep list.

Ctox

Horology Curious
28/9/19
Hello, guys, I'm looking for a super rep so I can actually wear in public without having to think twice, I contacted Puretime she had sent me a link to this one and said this is the closest you can get to a Gen
I need your help! should I go ahead and purchase this one and call it a day or do you guys have something else that is better than the one she sent. On Reddit people said that's too expensive for what it is so is there a better super rep please let me know this is very difficult I have been researching for days and nothing is making sense noob or ARF cant choose I need experienced people to chime in on this thank you guys. this is my first purchase.

I also don't mind on a black Submariner if anyone has a very good super rep!

Link : https://puretimewatch.io/datejust-4...ack-dial-on-ss-yg-jubilee-bracelet-a3235.html

Is it just me or the letters in “superlative” are too close to each other? Also DW looks off to my tired eyes. Hardly a “super rep”...

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Oascom had that black submariner that was virtually indistinguishable. I mean... I stared at that for hours and you’d have too 100% know what you’re looking for and then catch it at the most random awkward angle to even have an inclination that it was a rep. You could bring that watch to ADs and they’d service them it was so good. I wonder if he ended up selling it. That would be perfect for you.

Reactions: Oascom

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I work with a lot of "high end" clients.

All of them admire my noob v3 with gen crystal, slimmed to 12.28mm,gen gasket and crown, repolished.
​​​​​​comments like "oh I want that watch so bad, it's beautiful". I've had people wanting to buy it off my wrist.

one guy said oh is it a v3, and smiled, then said "I got an arf datejust". A real estate guy that's a millionaire.

​​​We laughed a little and conversed about it. Only time somebody every said anything.
So yea.

Don't beat ya head up over it.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Also shows that the only person who would ever call you out with any real authority is another, really knowledgeable, rep obsessive. :)

The guy drives an Aston Martin.

He said that he has two gens and three reps.
The gens he keeps in the bank safe lol. So only ones that get wrist time are the reps.

Really cool guy.

Last edited:

jerrym5

Horology Curious
3/2/20
Oascom had that black submariner that was virtually indistinguishable. I mean... I stared at that for hours and you’d have too 100% know what you’re looking for and then catch it at the most random awkward angle to even have an inclination that it was a rep. You could bring that watch to ADs and they’d service them it was so good. I wonder if he ended up selling it. That would be perfect for you.

can you please help me locate a Super Rep for datejust or sub after all these comments nothing was solved i really dont know what to do everything is super confusing and its my first purchase dont know which way to go

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Just fucking read. Read goddamn it. Check comparison threads, check reviews and then decide for yourself. Check the NWBIG list as mentioned above.

Do your fucking research.

Do you buy a car because your neighbor said it's nice? You read and check for yourself. Why should this be an different?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Whatever you do, don't buy TT or gold models in reps. All the reps that are close to super rep status are in Stainless steel.

Puretime should know better not to suggest gold models. Don't listen to them, read and make your own judgement.