• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Your Watch Says About You

Phil G

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/9/10
Stevenage, Hertfortshire, England
Fun read here.

https://watchandbullion.com/what-yo...5y0ekKZe2Y_t5ni1CvTezeI0FM4hwJjZowKEcmp6GWvHA

Web-Banner-1040x604.jpg

Reactions: gilrob and Danii

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
So this guy only like Hublot right ?

I did chuckle on the Richard Mille paragraph though !

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I guess the author has a Hublot then.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Seems to me that whatever one wears and whatever attributes one associates with that brand to is mostly in the wearers own mind. No one in real life actually cares what watch you wear except there wearer themself.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Was that written by some intern with a rich dad? Also don't get the subliminal hate against Moser - maybe some childhood trauma...

Reactions: Glaude

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Was that written by some intern with a rich dad? Also don't get the subliminal hate against Moser - maybe some childhood trauma...

I read it that way first, then I thought about it, and I think it's more a humor attempt, not really working well in my opinion, the angry type of guy humor is outdated and hard to master, this guy clearly doesn't.
A shame because with less salt in that article, there's some really funny observations, even if they are not factual, they do fit the aesthetics of the brands sometimes (I liked the Ressence & Richard Mille for example)

ryguy6333

Horology Curious
19/3/20
California
Best line was “Do you like losing money? Welcome to the world of Panerai” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Interesting read!! Reality is that the watch (if it is from that list) says nothing about you except that you paid too much for a mechanical device that will be near extinct in another 15 years. The billionaire next door is wearing an Apple watch, smart with his money ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil G

FREEWIFI

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
24/2/19
—— “We all wish to someday be able to wear a Hublot, and Hublot wearers know why. Knowledgeable yet humble, to wear a Hublot means to understand horology on a metaphysical level and realize that before there was the Hublot, there was just darkness in the world of horology”——

Seems that they are working so hard on selling Hublots

Reactions: Phil G