• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Rolex 5513 has no bezel click-stops...

John1

Known Member
20/10/15
As the title says, no click stops, rotates either direction. I'm curious about popping it off to see if there is a place for a spring, or if the bezel is machined for spring stops. I used a little knife on another watch, and it bent the bezel. What is best recommended removal tool?

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
Palm Beach
That’s how old bezels were.

They have a tension ring that would make the bezel harder to move. But no clicks.

Clicks came in later, maybe with the 16800? But I am not entirely sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Danii and Raddave

John1

Known Member
20/10/15
That’s how old bezels were.

They have a tension ring that would make the bezel harder to move. But no clicks.

Clicks came in later, maybe with the 16800? But I am not entirely sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did not know that...thanks for clearing it up for me! Glad I didn't' break out the hammer and vice grips to fix something that wasn't broken.

Reactions: mclarendude

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Regarding a “tool” to pop it off - give it to a young child, they should manage it in under 10 seconds. Or just use your fingers. A particularly stubborn one might require a butter knife. You can put a crease or two in the thin metal tension ring that sits under the bezel, if it’s spinning too freely.

(The one you bent previously probably wasn’t on a 4 digit Sub...)

Last edited:
Reactions: Danii