• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nomos Tangente (Tangomat 1:1), 1st buy

dayvidou

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/20
Hi guys, I'm David from France and I am new here.
I just understood that I first need to post here instead of where I first posted my message... Sorry about that...

I have been reading you for a few months and I finally decided to be part of this replica world.

Thanks to all the information I read on this forum I decided to go for InTime bacause Ryan seems really reliable.

I would like to buy a replica of a gen watch that is not super expensive, I was first looking for a Tissot (but I understood that the replica industry does not really care about this brand because the price of a gen is not that high) and I finally decided to go for a Nomos (it seems to be a good compromise between a Tissot and an Omega).

I have been exchanging some e-mails with Ryan about his Nomos Tangente which is in fact a Tangomat replica. You can find it here --> https://www.intime05.co/nomos/5702-t...sian-2813.html

After looking more in depth I found that the movement used in the Tangomat replica is not the one that is currently used by Nomos. Indeed, the epsilon movement has been replaced by the DUW 5001 in 2018, so it seems that the replica is a replica for the Tangomat previous model. I guess that is not that important to me and I decided to go for this replica anymway.

As I am new here, I would like to now what more experienced people think of my choice.
Do you think that InTime and this Nomos replica are good choices for a first buy ?

Thank you very much :)
If I finally buy this watch I will do a full review of the process and the watch itself :)

David

jackbrabham

Supporter
6/10/18
Have you tried on a Tangomat at a Nomos AD? I loved the photos online but found it wore rather poorly on my wrist.

dayvidou

4/4/20
Nope, I never had the opportunity.
According to the pictures it looks also good on the wrist.
What was the problem for you?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Nomos make their own movements. You will never find one or a clone of one in a replica.

the poster above is correct, this watch favours a wide and flat wrist, otherwise the lugs, which are long, and spindly, will be floating up in the air.

dayvidou

4/4/20
Thank you for your answer, my wrist is flat and is 5cm wide, do you think it could look good?

Okay for the movement, I understand but the replica that is sold by Intime, Puretime, Trusty... seems pretty good and the movement looks like the real deal ; what do you think?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Thank you for your answer, my wrist is flat and is 5cm wide, do you think it could look good?

Okay for the movement, I understand but the replica that is sold by Intime, Puretime, Trusty... seems pretty good and the movement looks like the real deal ; what do you think?

The tangomat at lug to lug is about 4.2cm - the problem is it is a shallow flat watch, and the lugs do not taper down. So they will be 1cm above your wrist unless you have a flat wrist.

i can assure you that no rep has anything approaching the genuine movement, which is an in-house calibre. But if it looks good to you then that’s enough.

dayvidou

4/4/20
The tangomat at lug to lug is about 4.2cm - the problem is it is a shallow flat watch, and the lugs do not taper down. So they will be 1cm above your wrist unless you have a flat wrist.

i can assure you that no rep has anything approaching the genuine movement, which is an in-house calibre. But if it looks good to you then that’s enough.

In understand your first point, I am going to study that !
Regarding the movement, it seems to me that the replica is close to the gen one. Here are 2 pictures :

The gen :

The rep :

Do you still think that the rep movement is that bad ?

Thank you very much :)