• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PROS of owning a replica watch...

Wrestleantares

Known Member
19/9/18
1. I enjoy reps because they are fun and I can enjoy lots of "flavors" rather than a minimal number of gens.
2. I am a tinkerer and I can tinker without feeling as if I am going to break the bank if I make a mistake. Plus, a new movement is not darn near unobtanium if worst comes to worst.
3. The different factories/movements/options make it more fun to hunt the best watch.
4. I don't have to worry whether someone is trying to sell me a fake. ;)

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
4. I don't have to worry whether someone is trying to sell me a fake. ;)

You know what, this is a great point. Last year I was very close to buying a second hand Omega Spectre, just before pulling the trigger I noticed that the movement was fake. When looking for a Rolex, I was also paranoid that it might be a rep/franken. With reps/frankens I at least know what I am buying/paying for;)

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
I think the variety argument is one of the best. How could any regular Joe enjoy 6-8 (or even more) gens and build a rotation of PP, Rolex, AP, etc? One of the best parts of this hobby is getting a taste of seeing what all the hype is about as it relates to an all time great watch? I never would have even considered an AP RO or n Aquanaut, in gen but getting to wear these in Rep has completely changed my mind. It's not something I'm going to rush out and do now, but it certainly is on my radar to do down the road.