• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL Shipping message - is this normal ?

Ga73

Horology Curious
15/2/20
Liverpool, UK
Hi Ladies and Gents,
This may not be the right section so excuse me if it isnt..

I've ordered a couple of watches from a TD and as they were picked up by EMS they've now sent them DHL (not my idea), everything looked fine on DHL tracking but then a message came up on the tracking saying " The requested service has changed, for assistance please contact DHL"... that was on 26th March and nothing else since....

I appreciate with COVID19 things are massively changing the world over, i asked my TD who contacted his courier and explained that DHL were struggling with the amount of packages so it just means it's delayed, thats okay i'm not expecting Amazon service but part of me is worried it's been confiscated.

Has anyone else experienced this message or any thoughts on it ??

Thanks Guys

Stay Safe,

Gary

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
It normally wouldn’t be confiscated until it reaches the destination country’s customs. It would mention it in the tracking ‘inbound into customs’ along with a notice to Please contact DHL.

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
Hi GA73 . I'm waiting on a watch I've ordered and for the last 8 days dhl hasn't picked it up yet but at some point they will. It's just that sorting packages to be shipped is small and they're kinda sort of trying to get into the swing of things. I ordered 2 watches last month and it took almost 3 weeks to receive by dhl . Hope this helps if that's your issue.

Reactions: Ronnrr

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Because of limited flights getting out of HK, the packages are taking longer to be picked up. It will eventually be in transit. I have been using FedEx and am noticing 4 to 5 extra days for pickup, DHL should be the same

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
I signed up for tracking by text so when dhl picks up the package I'll get a hit on every move.

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
When you get tracking from TD and they say info received that means TD has not yet dropped package off. They do this to stop people pestering about shipping sometimes I guess, very few go missing so it's just a case of being patient and waiting.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Just to give you an idea about delays. Last year (my TD is Trusty), package was picked up and in transit within 2 days of QC approval (Mainly FedEx and also DHL at times). Then it took 2 days to arrive in CONUS. Right now, it is getting picked up (and showing in transit) 7 days after QC approval.

Andrew told me they have limited number of flights and packages coming out of HK.

rpsmithbarney

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/2/19
CONUS
I am experiencing 4 - 5 day delays on average from DHL. The delay is getting out of HK where packets are being held longer than normal to find a flight.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ChinoWolf

Certified
29/10/17
USA
It generally takes about a week for packages to pass through from Guangzhou to HK during this time, I wouldn't worry about seizure unless your package is in destination country and tracking says "please contact DHL"

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Mine is now stating it's on hold in Hong Kong, guess it's waiting for a flight. No rush though, as long as it arrives

rpsmithbarney

11/2/19
CONUS
This message from Andrew at TrustyTime today - “With the COVID-19 virus situation, there has been a reduced number of outgoing flights for all courier services.

There will be some inevitable delays due to this, of approximately 5-10 working days.

Packages with tracking update sent to you have been queued for processing and shipment.

For packages in transit, forwarder has advised that the delivery time may be longer due to fewer logistics handlers and more checks in place to ensure that the packages are safe to handle. Tracking will usually only be updated when it reaches the destination country.”

Bellatorseo

10/3/20
Ive found that shipping is is actually fairly fast once DHL starts to process the package. But my current order seems to be sitting still at “shipment information received” for now going on to the 2nd week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LetMeHearItNow

LetMeHearItNow

Renowned Member
27/8/19
CONUS
Same here... 3 different packages from 2 different TDs... shipping information received since March 23rd and March 26th.

I was told the same with regard to DHL tracking starting to show updates only AFTER the package reaches the destination country. Once that happens they should arrive within 3-5 days.

I was also told updates should start showing after the beginning of April... :dry:

Just relaying the info I’ve received which seems to be about the same as what other members have reported.

Reactions: Bellatorseo

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Well mine showed up today with no issues, really quick and a good TD to deal with overall

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
Tracking updates from the moment they collect in Hong Kong.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Ga73 I am using DHL almost every day out of China. I just happen to have a watch going to USA via DHL. My TD switched as well. Not enough flights so DHL is promising up to 7 days. I am seeing my packages show up in 5 days as of today. When you see it depart Hong Kong the next stop is the USA. I use a tracking APP named Deliveries that gives me good tracking info.

paschos

15/1/11
place an order at trusty time and i got a tracking number from DHL at 20 of March.
Since then the DHL indicates that the parcel haven’t picked up yet.
I contacted to the supplier several times since DHL informed me that thay never receive the parcel and they have only the web generated form.
Trustytime response that the parcel is for sure at DHLs hand.
Under those circumstances i am not able to have any prediction when the parcel will arrive.
Meanwhile i was received multiple parcels from china with not significant delays we fact is justifying the excuse if Trustitime that all caused due to COVID-19.
Be aware if anyone willing to place an order because you may spend months to receive your parcel.
Trusted dealers should be honest and inform the customers for the current status in delivery prior collecting the funds

Ga73

Horology Curious
15/2/20
Liverpool, UK
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the replies, still no update on my tracking but as you've all said it could be another week or so so fingers crossed... Will let you know once I get an update and hopefully some eye candy on show once received ????

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Bro
We are many in the same boat, on DHL webpage they stated flights is cancelled. But it might be that they haven't delivered the parcel? And those TD who say customs are checking for replicas is just scary. Fingers crossed! Not sure if DHL is future proof