• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL Shipping message - is this normal ?

Ga73

Horology Curious
15/2/20
Liverpool, UK
place an order at trusty time and i got a tracking number from DHL at 20 of March.
Since then the DHL indicates that the parcel haven’t picked up yet.
I contacted to the supplier several times since DHL informed me that thay never receive the parcel and they have only the web generated form.
Trustytime response that the parcel is for sure at DHLs hand.
Under those circumstances i am not able to have any prediction when the parcel will arrive.
Meanwhile i was received multiple parcels from china with not significant delays we fact is justifying the excuse if Trustitime that all caused due to COVID-19.
Be aware if anyone willing to place an order because you may spend months to receive your parcel.
Trusted dealers should be honest and inform the customers for the current status in delivery prior collecting the funds
Hi Paschos, did you hear anymore updates on this, I've just called DHL uk who tell me they have the paperwork but nothing has been picked up, they have no parcel which is a bit worrying as I have two watches on this order ????

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
place an order at trusty time and i got a tracking number from DHL at 20 of March.
Since then the DHL indicates that the parcel haven’t picked up yet.
I contacted to the supplier several times since DHL informed me that thay never receive the parcel and they have only the web generated form.
Trustytime response that the parcel is for sure at DHLs hand.
Under those circumstances i am not able to have any prediction when the parcel will arrive.
Meanwhile i was received multiple parcels from china with not significant delays we fact is justifying the excuse if Trustitime that all caused due to COVID-19.
Be aware if anyone willing to place an order because you may spend months to receive your parcel.
Trusted dealers should be honest and inform the customers for the current status in delivery prior collecting the funds

Hey Mate - Relax and stop putting Trusty on the spot. No one is using excuses and it doesn't take "months" to receive the parcel. Trusty and all other dealers have been very honest about delays all through the purchase cycle. Just like you, I have been anxious and contacted Andrew who has given me the honest answer. I understand you are frustrated but lets stick to facts.

In the last 8 weeks, I have received 5 packages from Andrew (Trusty) and 2 are in the process of being picked up. Historically, packages have been picked up within 2 days of QC clearance. Currently, there are very limited flights leaving mainland China/HK. Even FedEx and DHL who have dedicated cargo planes have been hammered with cargo requests and to carry more important stuff like masks, PPE and even ventilators out of china. Just even their own cargo is keeping them fully busy with limited planes. Because of this delay, my packages have been picked up with 5 to 7 days. What is also recently happening is the package forwarders/handlers in HK are printing multiple packaging slips for the same package with the hope that one gets to go through. It has happened with my last 4 packages (I have the fedex app and can see everything being printed with my name/address).

Another thing i found from Andrew...There are way too many customs check happening to prevent medical supplies shipping scams. So forwarders are purposely slowing down the volume of packages through the system.

So relax, package will make it through. You are only ordering rep watches, there are way more important stuff (masks, PPE) that need to ship out of Chine first and these are taking priority.

Last edited:

Ga73

Horology Curious
15/2/20
Liverpool, UK
Hi guys,

Well a little update, I was kindly given another dhl awb number from my TD which was showing 9th April with an email saying they should have an update on status from DHL by 20th... It's now 22nd and still nothing... Appreciate the situation globally but The package has been with DHL since 25th March, I'm seeing other comments saying its taking 5-7 days extra with DHL but we're coming up to a month now.

Is it time to start getting concerned?

The TD is one recommended on RWI but although I've bought watches from other dealers this is my first two watches with them.

Thanks
Gary

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Ga73 Relax. Everything in this hobby takes longer when everything is normal. Your package probably was sent via the cheapest DHL rate. As of last Friday DHL stopped picking up shipments for 4 days so they could clear the backlog sitting in China Customs of 400,000 tons of boxes. I paid for an in-stock Omega on January 20th. The watch arrived on April 21st via DHL. I had 2 tracking numbers on this watch. The first number went from GZ to HK, then the second tracking number went from HK to USA. It sat for weeks in HK. As soon as you see it leave HK it will arrive in a few days. Yours and my watch shipments are not a high priority in the scheme of things. The only time you should worry is when it sits in customs for a month. I have a watch now that has been in customs since December 15th. I suspect I will get a seizure letter at some point.

Toreodor

Horology Curious
14/6/19
Poland
Dear members, watch friends!

Seems to me I've got in the same situation. I purchased new vsf omega on 18th of april. Received QC pics after 3 days, then green light was given immidiately for further processing.
Received DHL tracking number 24th and it still - (HONG KONG - HONG KONG, Shipment information received). As I read in previous topics, this means that paracel hasn't been picked up by DHL or even still not delivered to DHL centre?
Previous time delivery took 10 days from China to Ukraine, but DHL says -from 8-11 days.

So question to guys who received parcels in nearest time. What was delay time from normal delivery?
And when I can expect my own parcel is it possible to predict of corse?

Many thanks for further answers
With regards
Toreodor

Toreodor

Horology Curious
14/6/19
Poland
Storm069 4px says that it doesn't exist , but 17track and DHL - (Shipment information received) and nothing else since Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 17:51

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Dear members, watch friends!

Seems to me I've got in the same situation. I purchased new vsf omega on 18th of april. Received QC pics after 3 days, then green light was given immidiately for further processing.
Received DHL tracking number 24th and it still - (HONG KONG - HONG KONG, Shipment information received). As I read in previous topics, this means that paracel hasn't been picked up by DHL or even still not delivered to DHL centre?
Previous time delivery took 10 days from China to Ukraine, but DHL says -from 8-11 days.

So question to guys who received parcels in nearest time. What was delay time from normal delivery?
And when I can expect my own parcel is it possible to predict of corse?

Many thanks for further answers
With regards
Toreodor

This is normal. Your watch is traveling on a low budget. It will take more time. Everything you do in buying a Rep takes time. The watch I received today was shipped via DHL on April 11th and I considered that fast. When the watch leaves HK it will be on its way to you. Between China and Hong Kong, it takes a lot of time. I think this is done to avoid customs. I ship a lot of products from Shenzhen to the USA via Hong Kong with no delay between China and Hong Kong.

Reactions: Toreodor

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
This is normal. Your watch is traveling on a low budget. It will take more time. Everything you do in buying a Rep takes time. The watch I received today was shipped via DHL on April 11th and I considered that fast. When the watch leaves HK it will be on its way to you. Between China and Hong Kong, it takes a lot of time. I think this is done to avoid customs. I ship a lot of products from Shenzhen to the USA via Hong Kong with no delay between China and Hong Kong.

I think this is about standard for now. I have been told by my TD that watches he shipped on April 11th are finally starting to move. I ordered mine the 16th so hoping for movement soon. However I keep seeing local articles in the paper touting customs nabbing counterfeit products left in right in my area now because so few packages are making it stateside that they have time to scour over everything. Truly hoping for the best and not that outcome!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
My TD just shipped my watch to USA via Saudi Arabia to avoid getting snatched by Customs. It will be interesting to see how long it takes.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Ga73

Horology Curious
15/2/20
Liverpool, UK
Well just to wrap this up, the package finally moved on 27th April and was delivered by dhl yesterday (28th April) to me in the UK, so ive now added the noob silver faced daytona and brietling world navitimer to my collection.. Both stunning!

Toreodor

Horology Curious
14/6/19
Poland
Just received answer from Andrew:

The package is with the shipping company in queue to be processed. Reason for delays is due to the severe cut in the flights outbound for freight at the moment due to the pandemic COVID19 virus. Many countries are on lockdown and although the postal services are in operations, the staff and postal flights are greatly reduced to avoid the spread of the virus. So the packages have to queue out and it can take 2-4 weeks to exit the country.

You will not be able to check with DHL directly on the package information until it has been processed due to a special arrangement by our forwarder for replica shipments.
We seek your utmost understanding and patience during this period of trying times with the pandemic widespread in many countries like in EU and USA now.
Rest assured that once it has been processed it will be shipped out ASAP.

I am very hope to get my package till the end of May...

Ga73

Horology Curious
15/2/20
Liverpool, UK
Just received answer from Andrew:

The package is with the shipping company in queue to be processed. Reason for delays is due to the severe cut in the flights outbound for freight at the moment due to the pandemic COVID19 virus. Many countries are on lockdown and although the postal services are in operations, the staff and postal flights are greatly reduced to avoid the spread of the virus. So the packages have to queue out and it can take 2-4 weeks to exit the country.

You will not be able to check with DHL directly on the package information until it has been processed due to a special arrangement by our forwarder for replica shipments.
We seek your utmost understanding and patience during this period of trying times with the pandemic widespread in many countries like in EU and USA now.
Rest assured that once it has been processed it will be shipped out ASAP.

I am very hope to get my package till the end of May...
Mine took 5 weeks in total at dhl and Andrew is correct.. Mine just showed no information until it was actually in transit then it was with me within 24 hours from HK via Germany to final destination UK....

I know now how its working with DHL so have no worries on the submariner I've ordered with another TD... it'll get to you but just taking much longer than usual.

All the best

Ga

Toreodor

Horology Curious
14/6/19
Poland
Good news, friends! Just received an update. Package was received yesterday by DHL and left Hong Kong. So 8th of may It should be in my city. Crossing my fingers

Ga73

Horology Curious
15/2/20
Liverpool, UK
Good news, friends! Just received an update. Package was received yesterday by DHL and left Hong Kong. So 8th of may It should be in my city. Crossing my fingers
Best of luck.... Mine said estimated 7 days and once it had left Hong Kong I had it in my hands within 48 hours ????

Toreodor

Horology Curious
14/6/19
Poland
It's just awesome! few minutes later I received my parcel from courier. And it took me around two weeks from the moment when Andrew send me QC pics! I'm Impressed

foreveranoob

Horology Curious
17/8/18
Sometimes DHL transfers to another shipping carrier before delivery. Not sure where you're located, but for me, in the USA, it would be USPS for example. Not sure if this is the same case, but it doesn't sound like anything to worry about

SniParr88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/17
Tracking is easy. Just use 4PX, it's live with regular updates. Best service going.