• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Padded or Non padded strap?

Dino888

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/3/20
BC Canada
So I am trying to figure out if I should pad my leather strap for a daytona white dial (the V3 Noob). I am not sure how people decide whether to pad on not pad their leather strap. I also am trying to decide this for a 300M omega black wavy dial. Thoughts on this anyone??? Trying to pull the trigger on custom straps this weekend.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
For me padded looks more sporty, without more dressy

Get one and decide, it's pure personal preference i would say

Dino888

1/3/20
BC Canada
The watch maker I contacted showed me a photo of the padding he does and it looks too poofy i think if you ask me. I does it always stay looking mlike a doughnut or does it eventually wear in?

Genera74

29/12/14
For me padded looks more sporty, without more dressy

Get one and decide, it's pure personal preference i would say

Actually I have an opposite view - padded is more dressy while opposite is true for non-padded. Most of the dress watch model I see they have padded (not all).

Having said that its a preference not a rule - go with what you like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dino888

Dino888

1/3/20
BC Canada
No rubber it is currently on a metal band so I an having a dark blue leather strap made for this watch. I decided to go with non padded to be on the safe side incase the strap maker over pads the watch, which I think will happen forsure by the photos he showed me. It literally looks like a doughnut LOL

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18
No rubber it is currently on a metal band so I an having a dark blue leather strap made for this watch. I decided to go with non padded to be on the safe side incase the strap maker over pads the watch, which I think will happen forsure by the photos he showed me. It literally looks like a doughnut LOL

Consider getting a rubber strap - it is super comfy and looks great.

But make sure to get a photo of it on a leather strap - maybe it's even better:D