• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Can reps be even better than gens?

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
This tool watch needs to be worn. How many gens are safe at the bank?

1bae2863b385206794477f21a7e9d799.jpg

I wont say its better than the gen, but for the price this is a perfect and awesome tool.

Reactions: OldNavitimer

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
some super Reps unbelievable how perfect really no need Gen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scg8866t

Horology Curious
20/6/19
This Noob Daytona is better than my gen. I put the Prof xtal on it and it just pops in a way the gen doesn’t. Sold the gen. Bought two more Daytona’s and other goodies.

B5F5B58D-094E-43BF-A86F-64A7DF275441_zpsnxv0ix4c.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

His is noob v2? The sub dials are too big

Sent from the RWI App

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
This is one of the main reasons I'm so impressed with frankens as a concept!

OW

That's what stops you from owning a Rolex the service? The service interval on Rolex was increased to 10 years for watches bought since 2015...
It's really not a big deal to get serviced and the warranty is 5 years where they will fix any flaws/problems.

Scg8866t

Horology Curious
20/6/19
And this is exactly my point. Here we have a gentleman focused on a half a millimeter of detail, totally missing the point. It’s a classic example of forest versus trees.

Sent from the RWI App

Hmm I rather have an exact replica with a working chronograph, dont mind to pay abit more and use for many many years...own view

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
Hmm I rather have an exact replica with a working chronograph, dont mind to pay abit more and use for many many years...own view

My noob v2 has perfectly functioning chronos and -2sec/day with 320 amplitude. It’s been very reliable

Sent from the RWI App

Scg8866t

Horology Curious
20/6/19
My noob v2 has perfectly functioning chronos and -2sec/day with 320 amplitude. It’s been very reliable

Sent from the RWI App

Yep but the subdials are quite big, easy to spot the difference from gen.

I think noob v2.2 is the way to go. Waiting for noob to reopen zzzz.

Elena Lee

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/18
Please bear in mind:
- movement
- reliability
- finishing
- guarantee
- customer service
- repairs service
- Spare parts

Perhaps in some low grade gens it is possible to have some rep (not all rep of the same model) with smiliar look or perhaps better.
But usually it is not possible for many reasons.

how to know the movement? which movement is good for rep?

Elena Lee

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/18
I'm stuck in a feedback loop over some reps. I would say that I would be happy with the gen 111. Wear it often, have loads of straps for it. And then I look at my rep. And I think. It's 99% the same why would I even want the gen.
gen is best, but no enough money:bounce:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
And this is exactly my point. Here we have a gentleman focused on a half a millimeter of detail, totally missing the point. It’s a classic example of forest versus trees.

Sent from the RWI App

Then your trees are too big. Wrong is wrong.

kobexu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/19
Until you can get a water resistance guarantee from reps i don't see then as equals to gen.

buubdaman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/4/18

Sent from the RWI App

Indeed, everyone on this forum is so focussed on details details details. I have seen plenty of Daytona's and if I would see someone wearing this rep I definately would not notice it. Only people who are active on this forum will notice the small flaws..

Reactions: erekose and rj999

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Som Reps now in unbelievable level , really no worth gen .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
His is noob v2? The sub dials are too big

Sent from the RWI App

Actually its an ARF v2 dial on a Noob v2. The subdials look smaller straight on. At this angle you are catching reflection off the rim of the dials making them look bigger.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Indeed, everyone on this forum is so focussed on details details details. I have seen plenty of Daytona's and if I would see someone wearing this rep I definately would not notice it. Only people who are active on this forum will notice the small flaws..

No, they will not notice it if they see it at wrist distance, they could only if they had it in their hands, and this is an unlikely scenario

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited: