• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How has the Coronavirus and economic downturn affected your rep purchasing?

Mufasa112

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/7/17
wont be buying any reps in the nearest future - recession is coming big time and Im sure we will experience a significant price drop in the future

Reactions: Samgobigs

SRBJKU

26/9/19
Won’t be long until we’re doing the same down here in Palm Beach county, this then. Stay safe my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I expect Florida is going to be hit hard. Loosing Spring break is an economic nightmare for us. If we don't contain the spread, our large elderly population is going to be at significant risk. If this shut down doesn't work we will face both the tragic consequences of the virus as well as the economic crash that will accompany it.
On another note, I am getting a lot of Real estate activity from stock market investors looking to park money in relatively "safe haven" , so hopefully if we can get the pandemic under control we won't see another RE crash....

Reactions: mclarendude

Diablo8

Horology Curious
11/9/19
Good question and post. Working remotely has actually helped do a little spring cleaning and sell a couple of my pieces to make room for new ones.

tony8028

30/11/12
unless you have 6 months cash reserves, i dont think there will be too many frivolous purchases made at the moment.

Genera74

29/12/14
The full economic impacts have yet to fully pass down to household levels yet as the EU and US only started issuing stay at home orders in the past few weeks. First time in recent memories that economies grind to a halt (sudden stop) not so much because there is no demand but lacks of means for demand to be met as people are in quarantine. The biggest and most immediate impacts will be felt by the airlines and service industries - particularly small business (restaurants, mom-and-pop stores, etc.) which lack financial reserves to make it through the longer this goes on. When business started laying off people then economies will be in a vicious cycle of recession. Some already argues that we're already in a recession and that economic data is still being funnelled through.

Lets just hope this thing ends as quickly as it started.

sgt.njoy

M2M Camper
Certified
2/10/18
Illinois
A lot of people are laid off/fired from their job. So I doubt purchasing a rep pieces is good idea unless you have good cash flow or you're in ESSENTIAL BUSINESS to sustain your income.

Rep pieces can transacted for some monetary value though the liquidity since it's consider as tangible asset. However, who knows this market will go up or down...

ady

5/2/20
UK
I checked out the sales forum just now ,saw a nice tudor,clicked off straight away:),too much temptation,not enough cash at the moment

Genera74

29/12/14
Wonder if factories will start soften the prices in the coming time. Since started this few years back have seen prices kept creeping up to the point Noob selling $700 for a timebomb movement..

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Might not have a job in two weeks. So rep buying is off the list right now

Samgobigs

11/2/20
I do wonder how the economics behind the business works. Do TD's lower their prices or offer discounts when things slow down? What if a newer model is coming in?

Just wondering if it's worthwhile waiting a bit, or just going for the watch now.

sunnydale

Put Some Respect On My Name
29/8/09
I sold all but one rep before the crisis just when the stock market started to collapse. I know, easy to say afterwards I was there at the right time, but that is how it is. Joking aside, I am trying to save money for the stock market as it is going down still for some time. If health or job situation changes, then I don't spend on stocks.

ssouthall6

10/10/13
I've just been looking at parts like usual. Got a few daytonas to finish, all of which I'll move on apart from a vintage Cartel one which will be heading Trip's way somehow someday!

I bought some official time end links and a strap for my two tone daytona. All the gold bits are gen, it's my grail watch so most of my spend has gone on that lately. I'll keep that, my 16622, gen PO and rep 7057, the rest are expendable if need be.

Already taken pics of my franck muller v45 and dj36 franken ready for sale. Nice watches but the liquidity is probably more important at the moment.

barth

5/10/12
My industry (consulting) might be quite heavily impacted in the coming months. No impact on my staffing yet, but I need to be careful about my expenses for a while, because that might change...