• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How often are TD checked and updated?

Crazynoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/20
STRAYA
Hello Lads,

Im sure there are rules and regulation to be a TD but how often are these checked and updated?

or once they're a TD they stay as a TD unless alot of complaints ?

TIA

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
The process to become allowed to be called a TD is pretty hard and selective, so there's no need for constant check afterwards.

Every complaints we get is dealt with the TD and 99 % the time, the TD did nothing wrong but the member was just not prepared well enough, then for 0.9 % the TD will immediately sort it out, those usually concern delay in response or simple errors, the last 0.1% is when things need to be worked out a bit more because the situation is unclear, but we had very few TD removal along those years because the selecting process is pretty good

In the end we just recommend them because we know they can be trusted and they will work with us to solve problems, that's the extend of our implication in this business, nothing more

Reactions: Crazynoob

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
So in another words just have to trust the system :)

Well... no. That’s not really what he said. Why don’t you state your concern (or whatever it is you’re asking) so that someone might be able to address your concern specifically.

Crazynoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/3/20
STRAYA
Yeh nah, there's no concern but thanks for your concern though.

As you can see im a newbie, just wanted to know in general, what qualifies them to be a TD and how often these guidelines a checked to ensure QC, and TD are still up to stratch.

and yes pretty much there's a system in place for TD and buyers so basically just trust the system.

Occasionally there are hiccups so that's where your concern would come in handy :)

Last edited:

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
So in another words just have to trust the system :)

Yes, because it works. TDs who don't do the right thing don't last and there are a few who found out the hard way that we expect our dealers to take care of our members and treat them as we expect them to be treated.

Yes dealers do sometimes go bad, I have shut down dealers with a 5 year history here in the past. That usually results from a change of ownership and almost universally a change we were not told about probably because the previous owners were given little choice in the matter (anyone who thinks this is a squeeky clean game is a fool). A perfect example of this is Replica Make, once one of if not the best dealer out there, he was the guy who brought QC pics into existence. The place changed hands, service went way down and we dropped them as a result. The system works.

tony5haw2013

10/8/19
malta
I have always wondered the same thing, there is too much business to made as a TD to contemplate screwing a few members over. It would have to be worth more than the business they get here.

I bought from a TD in rwg, he sent me the watch I ordered but with a cheaper movement, when I called him out he repaid the difference. And while he did nothing wrong that I can complain about I did wonder if this may have been something done purposely to get the extra cash.

Don't let the TD status stop you doing your own due diligence as you still need to know where you stand with these guys.

I'm mid order with intime for a watch at the moment and he seems decent but we will see when the watch arrives.

At least with a TD you have some backup should things get sour as you can submit a support ticket here and ask for the mods to mediate

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Having a TD status doesn't guarantee problem free transactions (like bad watch received, delays in shipping, unsatisfactory communication)...it just means that you can use this forum to resolve your issues/complaints via opening a ticket. Sending money to someone across the ocean always makes you/me concerned but we can rest assured that we are dealing with TDs who have been vetted.
I do want to mention that having dealt with 5 TDs on this forum, I have always found these folks to be honest and customer focused. There has never (I mean never) been any red signs for me during the buying process. This business by itself is very risky and fraught with its own issues, no one wants to bring on more trouble by messing with customers ;)