• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Dealer Question

At the risk of being denounced in the “What is wrong with new members these days” thread I’d like to take a chance on asking a noobie question. What is the status of dealer TSWatch? I know they are not included in the TD list. If the only answer is simply – only buy from those dealers on the list, then so be it. However, I am curious if there is some negative history with this dealer known to the members for them not being on the list?

Thanks for your indulgence.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
This question is irrelevant. Buy only from current list of TDs.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
They used to be a TD, now they're not. Buy at your own risk.

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12
At the risk of being denounced in the “What is wrong with new members these days” thread I’d like to take a chance on asking a noobie question. What is the status of dealer TSWatch? I know they are not included in the TD list. If the only answer is simply – only buy from those dealers on the list, then so be it. However, I am curious if there is some negative history with this dealer known to the members for them not being on the list?

Thanks for your indulgence.

There was a incident with a transaction which TSWatch handled very badly, TSWatch just went crazy, then got removed from the dealer list.

if you buy from TSWatch the mods here won’t help you if there are any problems, TBH there’s no need to shop there, pretty much all dealers get access to the same stuff so just buy from one off the TD list.

Reactions: tripdog
There was a incident with a transaction which TSWatch handled very badly, TSWatch just went crazy, then got removed from the dealer list.

if you buy from TSWatch the mods here won’t help you if there are any problems, TBH there’s no need to shop there, pretty much all dealers get access to the same stuff so just buy from one off the TD list.

Thank you. It was not my intention to imply that I was interested in buying from them. In retrospect I should have been clear on this. In fact I have been in communication with PureTime regarding a purchase. The reason I asked about TSWatch is having come across their impressive web site I was curious about them and wondered about the reason(s) they are not a TD. I assumed some members with seniority here would know their history and hence I asked the question.

So Picklebeetroot thank you for enlightening me, much appreciated.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Thank you. It was not my intention to imply that I was interested in buying from them. In retrospect I should have been clear on this. In fact I have been in communication with PureTime regarding a purchase. The reason I asked about TSWatch is having come across their impressive web site I was curious about them and wondered about the reason(s) they are not a TD. I assumed some members with seniority here would know their history and hence I asked the question.

To be a TD, that dealer has to trade under a certain set of standards and obligations to RWI members. This is defined by the boss. If a dealer does not meet these requirements, they don’t get on the list. Being on the list is a privilege, and is a stick to beat them with if anything goes wrong - thats why things don’t go wrong much with TD’s. TS blew it.

I oftentimes find myself browsing the TS site and then sending a link from it to my TD. There is nothing on TS which the other TD’s cant get.

Pickledbeetroot

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/12

You’re very welcome :D