• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Local Watchmaker/watch repair on Reps

GMTFanboy

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
21/2/20
East Coast U.S.A
Hi All,

Do you generally send Reps for service to members on this forum? Or do you approach local watch repair shops? If so, how do you approach a watchmaker and tell him you have a rep?

WATCH HACKER

I'm Pretty Popular
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/4/19
Currently in South Hampton
"Oh hey! I have a replica watch, can you service it"

For local watch smiths, it's money for them, so it doesn't matter if it's gen or rep. As long as they know how to fix it and as long they will earn. There is no problem.

Easy :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: GMTFanboy

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hi All,

Do you generally send Reps for service to members on this forum? Or do you approach local watch repair shops? If so, how do you approach a watchmaker and tell him you have a rep?

Check out the Trusted watch makers/modders section in this forum. A majority of them are well skilled with rep service. In fact, they also understand the quirkiness and issues with movements used by different factories. This knowledge/history will be missing with local watch smiths. Good luck!!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You shouldn’t have an issue with a local guy if you want. Depending on the nature of the place, it should be fine. There’s is even a pinned thread somewhere with advice on how to do it.

There are many on the site who are very skilled as well. It depends on what you want and what you’re more comfortable with.

And when I say the nature of he place, one time I was talking to a watchsmith locally who works on high end watches almost exclusively and when I told him what I wanted to do, it was a little uncomfortable. If you go locally, talk to someone used to working on watches closer to the price you paid ($300 to $2500) instead of the price of what a gen would be (I wouldn’t go to a place used to working on $25000 watches).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk