• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What is wrong with new members these days?

One1

Horology Curious
27/11/19
Glaudediluted The new generations didn't come out of nowhere. They came from the boomers and the ones that followed. Pointing fingers is never the solution. The big issue today is parenting and I would say the lack of parenting that leads to all the spoiled brats. We should start a general chat where we can speak of real world issues. Not the crap you hear on the news about celebrities. They tell us what to think, what to do, who to worship and idolize, who to hate. In this world of followers it is hard to even learn about these replicas and that this forum exists. You can't look at the world from your hermit shell. Most are ignorant or don't have the time to go on here and learn shit because we are economical slaves in the first place.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
As for RWI's search engine, I quickly learned to use Google instead.
Just type your question, add RWI at the end and it will give you this forum's related topics.
​​​​​Throw a bit of Boolean into the mix to refine your results if needed and Bob's your uncle.
(I'm still surprised at the limited way most people use Google).
This forum may seem overwhelming at first, but that's part of its charm, it is forces you to wander around, which I loved when I was new here and still do.

Reactions: mclarendude

bouleto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/19
France
I will stop reading this thread and leave everyone to it .

Three hours later :
I was apologising to Raddave chap .
:rolleyes:

I'm deeply sorry that you can't understand what i mean.
I explain why i understand people's attitude, i don't excuse them, i don't want to do the same.
You had a bad week or so, you want to insult someone and you find me, i understand that too.
I was young and i know that feeling.

Reactions: Itto

alfonzo

25/7/19
Either you are a determined autodidact or you are not. It is a bummer that regardless of generation or age that people are afraid to dig in and learn on their own. I joined this site consumed as much as I could then launched into my franken project. My first post was a build thread. Now I am not saying that everyone should start a build thread what I am saying that this shit ain't hard! Search, read rinse and repeat!

In my not so humble opinion if you just join and launch into "can someone tell me" then you are not a serious human in search of understanding you are lazy and destined to failure.

Learn as much as you can then when one needs to ask a question it can be a well informed question that is poignant and will advance your learning and understanding.

Oh and Who makes the best sub?

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Three hours later :

:rolleyes:

I'm deeply sorry that you can't understand what i mean.
I explain why i understand people's attitude, i don't excuse them, i don't want to do the same.
You had a bad week or so, you want to insult someone and you find me, i understand that too.
I was young and i know that feeling.

I'm not young ! I haven't had a bad week ! I just think you are a moron . I'm not reading the thread or interested in anything you are doing. However ( and I will try to explain this slowly and clearly) you quoted me in your post which sends a message notification to my account . If you keep replying to me I will keep getting notifications that is how things work on here Forest Gump .

You really are a poster boy for the Reddit imbeciles who are popping up on here . Totally clueless nincompoop's usually asking for ' the bestest ever clone Rolex that can't be detected , that I can show on Instagram etc etc '.

There is nothing worse than a boring brain drain trying to be witty, patronising and clever as you have above . You haven't got the noodle for it , so fuck off and leave me alone chap .

Last edited:
Reactions: GingerBubba

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
It'a true that all people will have a different culture, standard, upbringing, education, and social skills, however, as a large generalization, the 'boomer' generation developed their opinions, experienced culture, and were brought up, taught, and endowed with social skills during a time period in which things were largely different than they are today. I think it is fair to say that there is a huge difference in the way that people who were 18 in the 50's and people who were 18 in the 90's or early 2000's have experienced the world, because so much has changed. 'Boomers' came of age in a time of plenty, when just working hard and earning a middle class salary were enough to provide a house, food, security, and good education for your children. Getting a college education was your road to a good job with a pension that would carry you into retirement, and allow you to live comfortably.

I would argue it just isn't like that anymore, and has not been for some time.

The friction comes in when people whose life was like that can't see that things have changed and accuse the younger generations of being lazy or wanting everything handed to them, etc. It's no longer true that hard work and dedication to your job will provide you with enough money to live on. It's no longer true that education and a college degree is a sure path to a career and a job, and pensions are a thing of the past.

Lots of reasons that this has some truth to it.

What's missing from your thought process is that those of us who were born from that past generation, are also living through the new named generations. The problem is, the younger generation thinks we're unaware of changes. Hard work and dedication, determination to succeed hasn't changed. They do work. Still requires persistence. Through the years, us old farts learn by the experience of mistakes and successes. So, on your points about a college degree and it's road to sure success. No, I've never assumed it a sure guarantee for success in the past or present. I know plenty of fellow college graduates, like myself who don't work in the industry we studied for. Personall, I think college has become a waste of money unless you're going to be a doctor or something.... My opinion. .

Reactions: tripdog

diluted

4/11/19
What's missing from your thought process is that those of us who were born from that past generation, are also living through the new named generations. The problem is, the younger generation thinks we're unaware of changes. Hard work and dedication, determination to succeed hasn't changed. They do work. Still requires persistence. Through the years, us old farts learn by the experience of mistakes and successes. So, on your points about a college degree and it's road to sure success. No, I've never assumed it a sure guarantee for success in the past or present. I know plenty of fellow college graduates, like myself who don't work in the industry we studied for. Personall, I think college has become a waste of money unless you're going to be a doctor or something.... My opinion. .

No, I get that it's not _all_ of that generation that thinks that way, and I know some people are aware of those changes. I'm not a millenial, I'm a gen-X'er, and I was lucky enough to experience the tail end of the less-lean times. Frankly, it _is_ different now, and sometimes hard work, determination, and dedication just isn't enough anymore, and _some_ of the older generation people aren't recognizing that. Many people from those older generations _still_ think college is the sure way to what they experienced, because they worked hard and it paid off. Now, you can go to college, get yourself deep in debt, and work for the first 10 years of your career to pay it off, and that's if you can even find a job in your field, like you said, and forget about job security, pensions, retirement, etc. I don't even think being a doctor is worth the debt, as most come out of med school with PTSD and 200k in debt. Things are broken, in a way they never were before, and the younger generations are angry about it, and understandably so, in my opinion.

alfonzo

25/7/19
They are upset yet apathetic to the solution. Until one "Sacks Up" and get's after it nothing will come to them in the way of change and sitting around bitching about it is no way to affect change...

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I'm not young ! I haven't had a bad week ! I just think you are a moron . I'm not reading the thread or interested in anything you are doing. However ( and I will try to explain this slowly and clearly) you quoted me in your post which sends a message notification to my account . If you keep replying to me I will keep getting notifications that is how things work on here Forest Gump .

You really are a poster boy for the Reddit imbeciles who are popping up on here . Totally clueless nincompoop's usually asking for ' the bestest ever clone Rolex that can't be detected , that I can show on Instagram etc etc '.

There is nothing worse than a boring brain drain trying to be witty, patronising and clever as you have above . You haven't got the noodle for it , so fuck off and leave me alone chap .

Did i not just tell you to not call people names ?

what the fuck dude ?

Reactions: Glaude

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ill be back

Reactions: tripdog

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
One of my first posts on a replica forum was something to the effect "WHAT is the BEST Sub". That wasnt here but on RWG. I am thick skinned, sifted to the replies and figured out. My question was on a full gold, but got the information to not go that route. Anyways, what I am trying to say is everybody starts out as a noob!

Reactions: rabl253

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
... However ( and I will try to explain this slowly and clearly) you quoted me in your post which sends a message notification to my account . If you keep replying to me I will keep getting notifications that is how things work on here Forest Gump ...

I understand your frustration, and the solution is simple. Turn off that email notification to any reply! I get no email notifications whatsoever, and I see a message/notice whenever I log in. This setting was changed automatically after the past hack, and I assume it is the same for everybody. You probably turned that setting from default OFF to ON.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I understand your frustration, and the solution is simple. Turn off that email notification to any reply! I get no email notifications whatsoever, and I see a message/notice whenever I log in. This setting was changed automatically after the past hack, and I assume it is the same for everybody. You probably turned that setting from default OFF to ON.

Chocolito trawls the forum looking to attack people / get into a foul mouthed, name calling fight whenever he can. Its his MO.

Reactions: Itto

bouleto

29/12/19
France
I'm not young !
Oh! i really really believed your very young, you know ?
I'm sorry.

Just a thing: i don't use Instagram, Facebook nor Snapchat and i don't think about buying a Rolex rep or gen...

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
It'a true that all people will have a different culture, standard, upbringing, education, and social skills, however, as a large generalization, the 'boomer' generation developed their opinions, experienced culture, and were brought up, taught, and endowed with social skills during a time period in which things were largely different than they are today. I think it is fair to say that there is a huge difference in the way that people who were 18 in the 50's and people who were 18 in the 90's or early 2000's have experienced the world, because so much has changed. 'Boomers' came of age in a time of plenty, when just working hard and earning a middle class salary were enough to provide a house, food, security, and good education for your children. Getting a college education was your road to a good job with a pension that would carry you into retirement, and allow you to live comfortably.

I would argue it just isn't like that anymore, and has not been for some time.

The friction comes in when people whose life was like that can't see that things have changed and accuse the younger generations of being lazy or wanting everything handed to them, etc. It's no longer true that hard work and dedication to your job will provide you with enough money to live on. It's no longer true that education and a college degree is a sure path to a career and a job, and pensions are a thing of the past.

Lots of reasons that this has some truth to it.

I completely disagree with this diluted version of the western world. Hard work will still get you the same things now as it did 20, 30 or 40 years ago.

Pensions still exist, it's just that the system needs to change, unfortunately people don't drop dead at 70 or 75 like they used to, they are now living longer, sometimes much longer.

The choice of college degree/further education is the most important thing, spending 5 years or more studying a subject that is of no use to anyone and teaches you zero workplace skills is a waste of your time.

Not all the younger generation are lazy, but a lot of them are and want what used to take (and still does) 10 or 20 or 30 years of hard work to acquire - nice car, nice home, nice watches. They go on Insta or whatever, see all those people posting their luxury items, (why the fuck does anybody do that ?) and they want the same and they want it now now now. Just like a small child can't understand why he can't have that toy in the window, they can't understand why they should have to wait to acquire these luxury goods when they can see that others already have them.

Reactions: rabl253 and Tucker

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
I remember when I found this forum and it’s siblings, I spent all my free time on here, devouring all the info about pams and making lists of the reps I wanted, looking and reading in awe at the encyclopaedia of watch wealth gathered here by the members, didnt even dare to post anything because I was not worthy :)
Noobs are everywhere, but most of the time people are not being obnoxious on purpose, it’s just the way of the internet...
It is what it is, education takes time and some people will turn out to be valuable contributors while others will scam other members...
It’s the way the cookie crumbles )))

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: tkingjr