• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner Rep movement ID help

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Hey guys! Found a rep Submariner on a local listing service and was hoping someone here could help me ID the movement. Pics are a little sorry, but at least I got the gentleman to remove the caseback and photo the back of the movement. Looks to be a high-beat, at least from the video he sent me it appears that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

https://imgur.com/a/WitN4iM

Sorry I had to drop an imgur link because apparently my upload quota is gone? Anyway- it doesn't look like a particularly good or bad rep. The DG movements typically are not decorated like this, I don't think- so I'm curious if anyone can ID it. Please let me know!

Edit: actually looking at it again, it might not be a high beat movement. I'm honestly not sure without looking at it in my hand.

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Hey guys! Found a rep Submariner on a local listing service and was hoping someone here could help me ID the movement. Pics are a little sorry, but at least I got the gentleman to remove the caseback and photo the back of the movement. Looks to be a high-beat, at least from the video he sent me it appears that way. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

https://imgur.com/a/WitN4iM

Sorry I had to drop an imgur link because apparently my upload quota is gone? Anyway- it doesn't look like a particularly good or bad rep. The DG movements typically are not decorated like this, I don't think- so I'm curious if anyone can ID it. Please let me know!

Edit: actually looking at it again, it might not be a high beat movement. I'm honestly not sure without looking at it in my hand.

Low beat 2813, and there's no special decorations on it. It's probably a lower end replica, possibly mid level at best. The following questions I will ask you, how much is he asking for it, do you have any dial-side pictures, And what specifically did the seller say about it. The highest price that you should pay for a replica submariner with a 2813 movement would be maybe $120. Personally if you're looking at a submariner with a 2813 I would recommend you just buy a brand new one from narikaa vs some random listing.

Reactions: hblackiston

Xilikon

20/8/19
Yes, a D2813 movement for sure, best to order a new one instead of a random worn out Sub.

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Thanks for the feedback, guys. He doesn't know what it is, and doesn't know what he wants for it. He said it was given to him by a friend, and that it's been sitting in his sock drawer and now he wants to sell it. He's got an explorer as well, and a SNZ Seiko. The sub is the only one that interested me, as I've already got a ton of Seikos and don't particularly like the color of the one he has. So what would the pricing be on a new one (sub of this quality), if I may ask? I'm thinking if I can get it for $50 or so, I'll have something to tinker on.

Xilikon

20/8/19
If you get it for 50$, it's a good deal for that Sub.