• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1680 sub/79090 sub inserts question

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Hi all

I'm still in the middle of my submariner Tudor build and purchased (what I thought) was a good insert untill I installed it..

I noticed is doesn't have that recessed insert fitment like the gen does..

Does anyone know of a good insert inlay (gen spec) they can recommend please, does "Fuchsia" make an insert for 1680 sub?

thanks in advance.

here's some pics of what I mean.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Fuschia is a color, not a living entity.

It takes 2 to tango, if your bezel ring isn't made to genuine specifications, then an insert made to genuine specifications won't sit at the right height in the bezel ring.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Hey lawlessflyer, I'm not sure what your pics are meant to indicate?

By "Fuchsia" do you mean "Milk"? "Milk" makes a "fuchsia" insert... :)

Trip - I think any self-respecting fuchsia would take issue with you calling them "not a living entity"... ;)

Side note - whenever I see a fuchsia, I always sing to myself, "Noooooooooo fuchsia, Nooooooooooooo fuchsia, nooooooooooo fuchsia for youuuuuuuuuu..." This happens a lot, as we have them growing in our garden.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Yes, correct, fuschia is a color and also a genus of flowering plants that consists mostly of shrubs or small trees.

But none of those trees or shrubs will sell you an insert - gen spec or not.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Yes, correct, fuschia is a color and also a genus of flowering plants that consists mostly of shrubs or small trees.

But none of those trees or shrubs will sell you an insert - gen spec or not.

I believe my veitnam case set (including bezel) are of genuine specs.

sorry I wasn't aware that fuschia was a type of bezel color..

I'm just looking for a bezel insert that will "lay" inside my bezel ring as the Gen 1680 sub and or the Tudor 79090 which is the case I have.

here's a picture of mine.
would there be any aftermarket Gen spec bezel inserts for my peice? I've looked at gen inserts and they are seriously expensive, pricing @almost double the case cost

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I just ordered a blue insert from Tiger Concept. It sits in the bezel of my JKF Tudor 9411 nicely. They do a black one too, same design. But I have no idea whether it would be gen spec size - I don't know how close/far the JK is from gen. Just mentioning it in case you wanted to check it out, or contact Tiger Concept to see if they can help.

Chyrule

Horology Curious
30/6/22
Australia
Fixed :D

insert is now setting nicely .

thank's guys!
Hi mate... I also got a Vietnam 79090 case, but I've tried to fit a gen bezel insert and it just won't fit.. how did U manage to fit the insert in.? Do you happen to know the measurements of your insert.?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Hi mate... I also got a Vietnam 79090 case, but I've tried to fit a gen bezel insert and it just won't fit.. how did U manage to fit the insert in.? Do you happen to know the measurements of your insert.?
You have to use liquid soap, it works. That's how I got mine in a member here gave me the tip.

Good luck