• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Not sure which to get Omega or Tag

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Life can be so bloody complicated at times, can't it? My advice - get a nice Rolex.

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Life can be so bloody complicated at times, can't it? My advice - get a nice Rolex.

Ayyyyyyyyy :) that’s some solid advice right there :) gen or rep go Rolex. Unpopular opinion but omega look terrible and tag have done nothing that piques my interest for a long time. Heuer vintage on the other hand is a different story ...!

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
If you ike a seamaster or speedmaster get Omega, Both are classics.

But the quality of Rolex reps are at the next level. The Daytona, sub or GMT (now with clone 3185/86 clone movement) are simply hard to surpass. Reps don’t get any better than this. Also if you plan to mod or franken, gen Rolex parts are readily available.

Last edited:
Reactions: goodmon1521

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Always consider the ability to resell. There's only a couple of tag models that sell easily on the forms...the aquaracer 300m and The aquaracer grande date quartz Chronograph come to mind. The advantage is nobody we consider those models to be replicas. Omega's are generally more popular for resale.

Here's a random picture from my album of my one and only tag replica.

IMG_20191012_2309205d55ffbb5c3f65b5ca55773e957eb8aa.jpg

Specter1000

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
18/2/15
Cincy area
I have 1 Tag, which gets no wrist time...beautiful Carrera, and about 8 Omegas that get a lot wrist time. Nothing against Tags...I think they are great, just a matter of preference....man, I need to go get that Tag out of the watch box now....

PunkRockDoc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/18
Omega all day. Not only resale, but just an all around better watch.

fuzzmex

2/9/17
I find the problem with Tag is that there are so few to choose from.
The problem with Omega is there's way too many to choose from.
At the end of the day I suggest you pick a watch that looks good to you, regardless of the brand.

Someone mentioned it before: nobody wil call you out on a Tag, even though it's a widely known brand.
Their gen price range is not in "flex territory".
Buy a Rolex however and you're bound to be asked if it's real, since everybody knows the brand and its image.
Omega is sort of in between I guess.

Reactions: goodmon1521

goodmon1521

Horology Curious
26/1/20
Kentucky, USA
Sounds like omega is winning. I like them both and yes I have a watch problem and like to collect them. So looks like omega is the next one for the collection