• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Credit Card Transactions not processing

Scmurray98

Horology Curious
9/7/19
Is anyone else out there having issues with credit card processing on TDs? I used to purchase through Theonewatches and Trusty Time, but both now no longer process the same credit card I have always used. It now has an error message saying "high risk" declined. Are there any TDs that don't have this issue now?

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
Unfortunately, most credit card processors are pretty shady for our TDs, as you imagine, it's not easy to get someone to work with illegal businneses.

You shouldn't be using your CC to begin with because you get slammed on charges with them, try direct money transfer or other ways of paying, ask your favorite TD about what he recommend

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Ask your TD if they can use transfer wise. Easy to use, low fees, no cc hassle and funds are usually sent within 1 day. I saved around £100 on fees over two orders.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Is anyone else out there having issues with credit card processing on TDs? I used to purchase through Theonewatches and Trusty Time, but both now no longer process the same credit card I have always used. It now has an error message saying "high risk" declined. Are there any TDs that don't have this issue now?

All TDs use a payment gateway service for processing credit cards. Because this business is illegal, the gateway service has high risks (and hence high fees) associated with it. If you have a credit card that requires more authentication and validation (for safety and security reasons), it will often not make it through the gateway. Also, if a CC is declined once using the gateway, all subsequent transactions will have issues because the gateway marks the card as suspect

I still like to use my CC to get points. So now I use paypal and use the CC as the preferred mode of payment. Trusty will allow this but they charge 4% paypal fees.