• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do they keep an eye on what we do here?

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
I've been on this website for a couple of months now and I have bought some reps for my personal pleasure, but I live in Switzerland and reps here are not seen very well...especially from customs and watch industry lawyers.
I have sold some of my reps over the sales section on here, to fund for other purchases...briefly, all transactions went smooth. Thanks to RWI.
Today I got a strange email, on my personal account...someone asking me if I still had the Daytona to sell and if I could supply any Rollie rep to him....

I don't know how he could get my email address and I thought "how does this guy know I sold a Daytona and above all how does he know my email address?"

Do you think the big brother Rollie is watching us on here? maybe I am only in paranoia...but I cannot explain how he could get my email.

My TD always said me "be very careful with these if you happen to sell few....." . Is he a fortune teller?

Thanks guys.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
Could they have retrieved your email from a PayPal transaction?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Raddave

emzeeka

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/6/19
Thats pretty strange indeed, maybe you left your email someplace out of automaticity?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Its possible for you being from Switzerland which probably has the strictest laws regarding replicas.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Denial is the best response, they can't prove anything

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
They know what's up here, but they don't keep a close eye on it because there's little to learn here that they don't already know.

However if your email address has been compromised, it's not coming from the forum, someone must have communicated your email (could be you or someone else)

Reactions: 5t3f4n

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
The most likely thing is that someone who has bought a replica from you has shown it to an interested colleague and given him your contact details.

You can answer that you don't know what he is talking about, that there might be a mix-up and that you would like to know where he got your email address from.

By the way, some weeks ago I was asked by a rather new forum member for the contact details of another long standing member who bought a TC from me some time ago. My buyer hadn't logged in here for a while and so the noob asked for his PayPall email address.

Of course I refused to give out this information and I appeal to everyone on this forum to be very careful with personal data. In my opinion this starts with the unasked mention of the correct name if you know someone. I have also observed the publishing of private messages more often lately (also on other forums). The sensitivity for privacy seems to be missing a bit, especially with people who find their way here via social media.

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
The most likely thing is that someone who has bought a replica from you has shown it to an interested colleague and given him your contact details.

You can answer that you don't know what he is talking about, that there might be a mix-up and that you would like to know where he got your email address from.

By the way, some weeks ago I was asked by a rather new forum member for the contact details of another long standing member who bought a TC from me some time ago. My buyer hadn't logged in here for a while and so the noob asked for his PayPall email address.

Of course I refused to give out this information and I appeal to everyone on this forum to be very careful with personal data. In my opinion this starts with the unasked mention of the correct name if you know someone. I have also observed the publishing of private messages more often lately (also on other forums). The sensitivity for privacy seems to be missing a bit, especially with people who find their way here via social media.

I agree on every thing you said. I hope this was my case. Maybe as a suggestion, we should sensitize people about privacy :)

Reactions: trendconcept

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
No but anyway I won’t respond
This would be the smartest thing to do as you never know who is on the other end of the email. Keep the replica sale discussions on the forum this way you're sure to avoid any issues.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
20191130_1316188811e35928c851c1.gif

Reactions: Itto