• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Case Height - Omega Seamaster 300M

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Rep sites often make mistakes when they list watches. I have the most recent ver, but my calipers are at my office. If someone else doesn't confirm for you first I will. I am reasonably sure that it is the same as the gen regardless of what any rep site says.

If you want to do a little research you can go visit the Omega area and look through the 2800+ posts on the main thread on this watch. I have read the entire thread and to my recollection there has never been any mention of it not being the same thickness as the gen.

Reactions: forrestwhite

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I might be totally wrong. But I recall someone posting ytube video with a side by side comparison of the rep and the gen. I am like 90% sure in that video it is mentioned that the rep is very slightly thicker that the gen. I’ll try to find it. But i’ll check first if i wasnt smoking my socks at the time.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
The rep being slightly thicker than the gen (13.56mm), I would think the correct measurement to be over that amount (around 13.6 - 14). I would email the TDs just to be sure.

forrestwhite

Known Member
1/10/09
Thanks everyone. So far it seems the best guess is between 13.6 and 14mm. Is anyone able to confirm this with calipers

kikine

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
7/1/20
I saw on a youtube comparaison it's about 13,6 mm. VSF rep are 14 mm if im not wrong

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
ok guys...
I just measured my VSF V2 and it is exactly 13.7mm. I looked and it does not say on the official Omega website the thickness, but I did look for reported thicknesses on several review sites. Some said 13.5 & some said 13.7. Either way it is NOT noticeable. .2mm = the same thickness as 2 pieces of copy paper. Ask me how I know? I just measured it. I guess it is my opinion, but for me this difference of 2 pieces of copy paper is not going to be something that I am going to spend a lot of time thinking about.

Go ahead and buy the watch with confidence. Trust me, no one (including you) is going to notice either way.

forrestwhite

Known Member
1/10/09
ok guys...
I just measured my VSF V2 and it is exactly 13.7mm. I looked and it does not say on the official Omega website the thickness, but I did look for reported thicknesses on several review sites. Some said 13.5 & some said 13.7. Either way it is NOT noticeable. .2mm = the same thickness as 2 pieces of copy paper. Ask me how I know? I just measured it. I guess it is my opinion, but for me this difference of 2 pieces of copy paper is not going to be something that I am going to spend a lot of time thinking about.

Go ahead and buy the watch with confidence. Trust me, no one (including you) is going to notice either way.

Thanks Nanook, you’re the best.