• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best gen watch to own under $5K

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Tissot, Victorinox, Frederic Constant, Glycine, Hamilton, Oris, Seiko, Swatch, Casio, Timex, Apple, Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Katarsis

srhoque

28/11/18
Any Zenith with in-house movement. I like the Zenith Elite series.Next would be Frederic Constant

Reactions: sn95

Bilko

Alfaholic
16/6/09
As previous post said, Bremont are great watches, I’ve owned a couple of MBIIs and a cream dial Chrono, the service and the Build quality is superb, for some reason I always ended up flipping them it would like to get an MBIII GMT.

However for under £5k my money would go down on a Omega Speedmaster 3570 moon watch, timeless classic, great history, watch presence and resale value, I bought mine 10 years ago for £1500 ,, they now sell for £4400 here in the uk. Of all my watches past and present which have been many, this is the only one I bought new and still have, a life keeper

postscript!!! Just saw no Omega at the bottom of your post!,, oops, ok here’s a wildcard for you, very much a marmite brand but how about a U-Boat (buy second hand as you can get a real bargain). I have 4, U-47, Classico bronze, Stratos and Chimera. Unless you are into monsters ignore the massive ones and the early designs, the latest watches have excellent build quality and movements, mine all keep with seconds a day+ the added bonus that they are different from all the other normal looking watches I own, love them myself and do take up a lot of wrist time,

if you are into bronze the Bell & Ross diver is worth a look, some of the Ball watches are nice (again you can pick up some nice sh ones). Oris are also coming up with a few nice ones , a brand I haven’t bought into before but do like the Oris Sixty Five range and pro Pilot big crown. Cal 114 manual wind with 10 day reserve, also look at Sinn and Certina - they do a very nice sunburst diver

Last edited:
Reactions: tomjoad

Keylog74

14/6/13
5k has to be a second hand watch. If it's your only watch id suggest either a speedmaster or a datejust.

Reactions: JDnTexas

Naughtylus

18/4/19
Seiko, Oris(are they in house calibre?). Best investment I guess would be Tudor tho, and I don’t think they are really repped that well.....

Reactions: axel.gold

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16

Just a few posts above your suggestion the op says he says he wants a watch that isn't well repped.

Panerai might be the worst ever suggestion for someone to buy the gen. Panerai reps are excellent and the gens do not hold their value well at all. Furthermore most Panerai gens are over $5,000

Reactions: fuzzmex

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
A few thoughts about brands that are nice, but are not repped well and are under 5k.

Sinn, Ball, Bremont, Oris, Seiko etc

Basic idea is rep factories only rep watches of the watches they think will sell well. Gens that sell for less than about 2k and lesser known brands generally don't sell well enough for rep factories to bother with.

Last edited:

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
For under 5k, would definitely recommend the Sinn 3006 or the Calendar-Chronograph Moonphase!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Omega Seamaster 300 master coaxial. Non spectre