• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZZF or Noob V8 Smurf?

Spiritzz

Horology Curious
15/5/17
Here's to hoping I shouldn't have posted this in the flame free zone.

I've been lurking for nearly 5 years now, had this account for three and have still not bought a watch.

I've just started doing my Honours year in medical science and as a treat I thought I might finally get myself a decent Submariner in a month or two when I come up with the cash.

I've done the research and read a fair amount, and now it's time for the final opinions and to hope I don't get shat on for asking a possibly common question.
Thing is, I love the Smurf Submariner, but is the new ZZF really so much better that it would be silly to get a Noob Smurf V8 instead of a the new (but black) ZZF.

+ Will ZZF make a Smurf soon?
I want to only buy one and keep it for a lifetime. What do I do?

Last edited:

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
if you want a smurf get the v8 but if you want the new and the best get the zzf LN, the smurf I think has a polished center link bracelet + it blue it gets a lot of attention for me it's too flashy I think if you want just to have a low-key watch get the zzf

Spiritzz

Horology Curious
15/5/17
My advice? Ditch the stupid idea of just buying one.

:D

Ha! I saw your hell of a collection. Perhaps one day. Nevertheless whatever I get I'd want something that theoretically COULD last a lifetime, at the very least.

Spiritzz

Horology Curious
15/5/17
if you want a smurf get the v8 but if you want the new and the best get the zzf LN, the smurf I think has a polished center link bracelet + it blue it gets a lot of attention for me it's too flashy I think if you want just to have a low-key watch get the zzf

You make a good point about the flashy statement. Might rise a few too many questions for my liking tbh.

The bracelet is also a good point. I was staring at the Smurf bracelet yesterday and wondering how it seems to look better, yet couldn't put my finger on it immediately. It's certainly the polished centers.

I am, however, super torn.

(Am I allowed to post this link here?): is this the right ZZF? https://www.intime05.co/rollie/6466...-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sa3135-v2.html

rolexppapfan

Renowned Member
17/11/18
ITALY
You make a good point about the flashy statement. Might rise a few too many questions for my liking tbh.

The bracelet is also a good point. I was staring at the Smurf bracelet yesterday and wondering how it seems to look better, yet couldn't put my finger on it immediately. It's certainly the polished centers.

I am, however, super torn.

(Am I allowed to post this link here?): is this the right ZZF? https://www.intime05.co/rollie/6466...-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sa3135-v2.html

That is the zzf in the link but if you want you can buy a zzf from Li at Jtime who is like the nr1 dealer of the zzf subs

Spiritzz

Horology Curious
15/5/17
That is the zzf in the link but if you want you can buy a zzf from Li at Jtime who is like the nr1 dealer of the zzf subs

Good stuff. Will do. Do you know if Li and his factory is back up and running yet?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Start with ZZF, check how Subs suit you and then get Smurf. Note: Smurf is a bit “flashy” given the color combo.

Given the virus situation, no TD can supply watches for a while now. Li does check his whatsapp every now and then but he has advices me to wait.

Reactions: Spiritzz

Spiritzz

Horology Curious
15/5/17
Start with ZZF, check how Subs suit you and then get Smurf. Note: Smurf is a bit “flashy” given the color combo.

Given the virus situation, no TD can supply watches for a while now. Li does check his whatsapp every now and then but he has advices me to wait.

Appreciate it. I did whatsapp him and it has been a few days, but I do understand the dilemma so I am being patient. I've waited years for this; what is another month?

Daz English

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/19
The Smurf V8 has the sunburst dial.
The Smurf dial should be the glossy dial.