• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trouble with the reps crossing the border?

lukeskymike

Horology Curious
30/1/20
Espa?a
I will be moving to another country so I will have to carry my watches with me (I have 3). I'll be traveling by plane and I was wondering if I could have any trouble when crossing the border or on the airport controls if they see my reps. Maybe asking if they are gen or not, considering them as counterfeit, having to pay a fee or something, I don't know.
Anyone has ever had any trouble with that?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
No one can tell you with 100% certainty if you will have issues or not. As mentioned above, there is a bunch of data on this topic. Look at those experiences and then make the call for yourself.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I will be moving to another country so I will have to carry my watches with me (I have 3). I'll be traveling by plane and I was wondering if I could have any trouble when crossing the border or on the airport controls if they see my reps. Maybe asking if they are gen or not, considering them as counterfeit, having to pay a fee or something, I don't know.

When you buy, sell and transport replica watches you are living on the edge. Plan an escape route and go down swinging.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
When you buy, sell and transport replica watches you are living on the edge. Plan an escape route and go down swinging.

As mentioned read the threads already, but you should be fine. Don't let these guys jerk your chain too much

Hooopen

Patron
Certified
7/10/18
Europe
I wouldn’t worry too much about it. I travel a fair bit through work and I’ve been stopped at customs a couple of times. They never asked about the watch on my wrist, or the one in my bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
99.9% no one will ask unless you're traveling with over 20 high end watches and look like a dealer. Usually there are no taxes on personal belonging especially if they are used.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
Since there are only 3, you can always try inserting those in your an*l cavity when you cross border. Make sure to use a very good condom and plenty lubricant.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Ecender

artsyguy

15/1/11
It's only funny, because it isn't an issue. If you are traveling with a case of watches, then it MIGHT raise an eyebrow. Customs has bigger things to worry about than your old, beat up watch. Breathe easy my friend.

Reactions: efajri

micksmith1987

Renowned Member
1/9/18

Once I was traveling with 5 watches in total (3gens + 2 reps) and I was stopped at customs (like when they check or your luggage etc). The custom officer just glanced at it said "nice collection!" and that was it. It might be a problem if you are traveling with 10 watches, all of them brand new, with stickers, boxes, etc. But since you say it's only three, then you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Reactions: Nuclearsub

Nuclearsub

Horology Curious
20/6/19
The problem comes when they are reps in boxes which are new looking like you are bringing them into the country to sell them. If they are new then you can bring in one usually one rep of each so if you have other apparel like 2 watches, 2 belts and 2 bags. You will be able to bring in one of each.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
What's the repercussion for crossing border $5k worth of fake wardrobe for personal use?
I have $5k worth of fake Gucci underwear. I wonder if the border agent will tax my underwear.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
What's the repercussion for crossing border $5k worth of fake wardrobe for personal use?
I have $5k worth of fake Gucci underwear. I wonder if the border agent will tax my underwear.

lol, whats the point in fake designer underwear?

pistolpreben

Horology Curious
27/8/16
As already mentioned i would worry too much either. Been travelling for work for 6-7 years now always with +3 watches as i had to stay in other countries for more than 5 weeks each time. Never have anybody asked about my watches. But batteries, BEWARE :-D