• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do you buy Boxes with your watches ?

Galaxy32

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/19
Is a Box for example a Rolex important to you ?
Is it worth 100 $ ?

Last edited:

fuzzmex

2/9/17
There's no point in buying fake box and papers unless you're in the business of scamming, I would think.

Reactions: erekose

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Is a Box for example a Rolex important to you ?
Is it worth 100 $ ?

Most of the rep boxes are dog crap. Buy a gen box if you really feel the need.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I've got two Panerai boxes, in addition to the boxes for my genuines. They do wonderfully taking up space in my closet.
This. What's the point unless you like to make watch box dens with your children? Actually I could do quite a good castle (full size) if I'd bought a rep box with all my watch purchases... better not tell my granddaughters that, they'll be furious I didn't...

Reactions: Rx4Time

Countess Koscowicz

1/1/20
UK
Doesn’t make sense to me, they look shit comparatively and unless you’re desperate to live out some ad fantasy why bother. If you have a gen and want to retain or accrue as much as that particular model possibly can then box and papers is essential but outside of that I can’t see that it would serve you any purpose whatsoever unless you’re a lowlife who wants to try and rip someone off.

Reactions: Bill_C

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I never did it before but since my last purchase was a birthday present for my wife I felt that I wanted a box for three reasons.

I needed a nice box to wrap the watch in.

She needed a place to store the watch when she didn't use it.

And I wanted to make the reveal and experience as good as possible even though its a rep.

Therefore I invested in a gen box.

o1egW.jpg

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
To answer the question.
Rep boxes aren't worth the money. A new Rolex box costs about twice of a rep box. It's most definitely worth going the gen route.

Reactions: Galaxy32

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I see your point. Some watches comes with over size boxes and ridiculous amounts of paraphernalia.

Tell me about it!

I have watch boxes which have gone moldy and I have had to get them cleaned !

Boxes are a PITA

I am so glad they are the last thing I need with a Rep

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
No. And it irritates me that I have to keep the boxes for my gens.

Gen watch boxes are an investment though. If you have a winder or watchbox, then it maybe redundant but otherwise I find gen watchbox a good place to store the watch. Also comes in handy as a presentation box if you ever want to sell on online forums or eBay :D

Ruffa2019

26/10/19
Personally I think it’s a waste of money for reps. I would only put the box in a cupboard somewhere so no point in having one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kirbx

2/2/20
New York, NY
No its not, I only bought once when i got my wife a rep and i don't even know where is that box now. She doesn't like hoarding things so i wont be shocked if she threw it away

SSGardner

Horology Curious
26/10/18
East London, United Kingdom
I have bought boxes in the past if I plan to give a rep as a gift, but I normally just throw the crappy generic paper work that they come with.
When it comes to me I would much prefer to buy a nice watch box that I can stone multiple watches in rather than a load of boxes that take up space in the wardrobe/loft.

Last edited: