• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep watch purchase

KevinT

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
30/1/20
I'm not familiar with the bitcoin purchase, I want to make a purchase from Puretime but i was wondering is it safe to do a Visa or Mastercard purchase without worrying about my card info being used on scam charges in the future, Thanks for your help

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
All TDs use a payment gateway. It is "normally" safe to use a Credit Card but you will be hit with bad exchange rates and fees. If you have a good relationship with TD, use paypal, bitcoin, western union or bank transfer, they give you extra discount when using this method (sometimes).

FYI - I am also from CONUS and have used CC for over 10 transactions. Now I use paypal.

Last edited:

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
As already said the dealers use a payment company to process the transaction, any security issues will be the processing company not the TD themselves, I made several purchases from a TD I won't name without any issues, then I tried to buy again and the card was declined and about a week later noticed several fraudulent transactions on my account which fortunately were refunded by my cc company.

there are a couple of threads about this on the forum

KevinT

Banned
30/1/20
Thanks for the info. Also if I pay with a virtual CC on a $500 purchase how much extra charge will be added ? Just a around about figure

Art Tic

Time Machine Collector
26/2/17
California
Bitcoin is fairly simple to use once you get over the setup hurdle. You can google instruction or search the forum... Someone posted good instruction not too long ago.
I stopped using credit cards after several fraud charges.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Thanks for the info. Also if I pay with a virtual CC on a $500 purchase how much extra charge will be added ? Just a around about figure

It could be as low as $25 and as high as $55. It varies depending on exchange rates and other payment gateway related fees.

Just setup the credit card in paypal and use that instaed. You need to build trust with the TD first for them to accept paypal.

KevinT

Banned
30/1/20
It could be as low as $25 and as high as $55. It varies depending on exchange rates and other payment gateway related fees.

Just setup the credit card in paypal and use that instaed. You need to build trust with the TD first for them to accept paypal.

Thanks srhoque, This will be my first purchase with Puretime, How can I build trust? You can send PM if you have any suggestions, Thanks

acc303

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/18
EU
Just use BTC and get an additional discount and avoid the extra fees.

Ruffa2019

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/19
So long as you use a TD I would say any payment method is safe. It’s more about the seller than the method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk